DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ExMilitary's 97 Sport thread...

Finally some pics... Nice day, early morning drive on a Labour Day Monday, nothing to do except wash an dwax, maybe detail more after looking at these images, it appears I missed a ton of things...

Anyhow...

You can make out the dent in the rear door still... That wasn't covered under the more recent attempted theft. When it was stolen last year I didn't have Fire & theft, so sadly I couldn't afford the repair.

I really gotta get that fixed :(

Center Backup LED Light Mod

Tinted Tails

12v and USB Power outlets. (tapped into OEM cigarette lighter wiring) Console LED Light. Magnetic operation. Close the lid, the light goes out... $7 from Wal-Mart

Overall shot.

NOT a photoshop this time

Since buying her in May 06, all I've done to this point are (Newest mods and fixes in Bold) :
Mods:
Tint 35% June 06
Pioneer HU June 06
Nose bra Jul 06
Viper alarm July 06
Darken Rear Window Tint Sept 07
Center Backup LED Light Mod Sept 07 (Thx SkyHawk)
Center Console Interior Light Sept 07 (Magnet Switch Operated)
Tinted Tail Lights - Sept 07
Auxiliary power outlets in console armrest - Sept 07
OTIS - 30 Sept 07 Thanks TFC
New to me factory stereo - 30 Sept 07 Thanks TFC
Chrome Cold Air Intake & Filter - 15 Oct 07 Cosmo RacingBut cheaper on eBay!!!
Throttle Body Spacers - 19-Oct-07 Thanks Steve
Custom Stripe - Front to rear - 16 Oct 07

Maint:
Combo switch Sept 06
Rear caliper Nov 06
Washer motor pump and combo switch Nov 06 (Faulty washer pump melted the combo switch
Combo switch Aug 07
Theft damage repair Aug 07
Left Rear Hub Bearing Aug 07
Inner Tie Rod Bushings Sept 07
New Headlight housings Sept 07

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Get in there and scrub out those wheel wells, and flat black them if needed. Get the high temp paint, and do the muffler at the same time. I also did the tank, as you see. Makes a big difference.

Like this

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodgaholic said:
Get in there and scrub out those wheel wells, and flat black them if needed. Get the high temp paint, and do the muffler at the same time. I also did the tank, as you see. Makes a big difference.
The wheel wells were one of the first things I noticed :blackey: And not 20 minutes ago I was going through my "paint cupboard" and found two cans of flat and one can of gloss black... And my missing center cap WOO HOO

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Tank?

Umm............ that's the trunk pan brother..............

Muffler is an interesting touch though. Might have to do that to the 300M Special exhaust when it gets here..........

EX-
Like the "support our troops" ribbon. Bravo Zulu.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great White said:
EX-
Like the "support our troops" ribbon. Bravo Zulu.
Funny thing about that. I went to the car wash a few days ago to get the heavy dirt off before waxing. Got home and found my ribbon got blown off the car. I was pissed. I knew I could get another one easily enough as the drive to Petawawa is always a good one (if you take the lesser travelled roads)... Anyway, I was at the same gas station today and thought I'd check with the car wash guys. I figured I couldn't be the only one to lose a ribbon. Sure enough, mine was the first one he showed me. Among the 20 some others they had, mine being the only cadpat variant :) Now I'm happy again. And with that, time to do something about those wheel wells and trunk pan ;-)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You all do realize that anything I do to here will NOT be an original idea. Different mods from different members, possibly with my own little flair to make it mine :D And just ichin to get rollin....

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Nice ride fo shizzle. It will be original on your car. Man we dont care. We just enjoy, you enjoying your car.
exmilitary said:
You all do realize that anything I do to here will NOT be an original idea. Different mods from different members, possibly with my own little flair to make it mine :D And just ichin to get rollin....

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
01Intrepid said:
Yes very nice 1st gen.......... Thats a good idea on the muffler dog. looks sweet too!!! Adding that to my list of to do's
Just make sure you use the high temp stuff. It's for BBQ grills or something, and is rated at 1200 degrees F.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trying to find a nice complimentary color to go with Dark Amethyst. I've always been partial to blue, however blue doesn't really seem to flow with the "plum-like" color. I was thinking chrome/gold or something for the interior but cannot decide. More to accent and highlight, not overstated or gawdy looking. I want to go body color ideally, but finding Dark Amethyst in a RC is damn near impossible... Thoughts?

Considering the painting of the polycast wheels too but that is a different thread. And right now it's time for a shower and off to bed. 05:30 comes WAY too early

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SWEET. My new $38 headlights just arrived via UPS. Time to open those Silver Stars I bought last year and put'em on the trep :D
Might take pics... BAH who am I kidding of course I will....

Close Up with Dr. Autoparts mailing address :) (for those looking for new light housings :D

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Sweet, I just got new headlights as well. Makes the front look 100 times better.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts