DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to purchase and extended warranty are there any other options other than www.warrantygold.com??? I am kind of leery of .com companies and worry about getting stuck if they go out of business.

Can you get extended warranties direct from Chrysler? I would rather pay more... and I really just want to extend to 60K/5yrs... I got screwed on my last car keeping it to 94K/7yrs... I would like to get rid of this one earlier so that I don't loose my shirt.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was/am gonna go with http://www.warrantydirect.com they seem to be reputable, 21 years in the business, and they are one of the major underwriters to dealerships. and it's 1250.00 for a 7/100k 0 deductible. and i have spoken to live salespeople (now i can't get em to quit calling!)
www.warrantydirect.com

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

·
Registered
407 Posts
I bought my 2001 R/T last year in Feburary and am now about 500 miles from 36,000 miles. I actually purchased the Chrysler Maximum Care warranty yesterday and am now good to 3yrs/100,000 miles bumper to bumper with a 50.00 deductible.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well, I put 36,000 miles on the car in one year, so at that rate it didn't make sense to go to 7 years and pay more. If I hit 100,000 first then I lose the extra years. I actually did 4 yrs 100,000 miles now that I go back over the terms.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I got the Chrysler 7yr/75k warranty. I do not believe in getting extended warranties from anyone but the dealer/manufacturer of the car. If you get a 3rd party warranty... its too easy to point the finger, or pass the buck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I can vouch for WarrantyGold.Com as being absolutely OUTSTANDING. You pay a lot less and the customer service and warranty performance are great!

I have WarrantyGold's 6year/100,000-mile Diamond warranty on both the '98 Intrepid ES and the '97 Grand Cherokee. The Diamond warranty is a "by exclusion" warranty, meaning that EVERYTHING is covered EXCEPT what's on a short exclusion list. This is the best type of warranty to get since it clearly lists what's NOT included.

The exclusion list includes Carburetor; battery; shock absorbers; manual transmission clutch assembly; friction clutch disc and pressure plate; throwout bearing; manual and hydraulic linkages; distributor cap and rotor; safety restraint systems (including air bags); glass (including heated windshields); lenses; sealed beams; light bulbs; brake rotors and drums; brake pads; exhaust and emission systems; hoses (except duct and outlet hoses); weather strips; trim; moldings; bright metal; chrome; upholstery and carpet; paint; outside ornamentation; bumpers; body sheet metal and panels; tires; and wheels/rims.

(The emission components are covered under an 8-year/80,000-mile factory emissions warranty that came with your car.)

You can see that the exclusion list is pretty short, and EVERYTHING else is covered, including speakers and amplifiers, navigation systems, factory installed TV's and radar systems, CV boots, and tons of other things extended warranties usually never cover.

I paid about $1350 for the Jeep's warranty and about $1200 for the Intrepid's warranty. That includes $100 each for zero-deductible on both cars, so I can take the vehicles any time I need to and won't pay a dime for any covered repair.

Their warranties also cover for both FAILURE and BREAKAGE -- failure referring to the part simply wearing out on its own. Many warranties only stipulate breakage.

You can take your vehicle to the dealer or to any certified mechanic.

Your mechanic should be very happy to take the business since WarrantyGold pays RETAIL prices for both parts and labor, not some negotiated discount or wholesale rate. They pay the mechanic directly by phone via corporate credit card once the repairs are authorized and completed, so you get the car the same day, not having to deal with payments or reimbursements -- not even a dime out of your pocket if you go with the zero deductible.

One last note -- had the warranty on the Jeep for 13 months and have had $881 in miscellaneous repairs (rear windshield wiper, and several speaker replacements -- can you believe the speaker is about $80 and labor is about $70?!?).

The warranty has been on the Intrepid for 7 months and have just completed $398 in miscellaneous repairs (front passenger door speaker, repair of leaky transmission line, and replacement of speed sensors).

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: Marcus ]

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: Marcus ]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Marcus said:
Well I can vouch for WarrantyGold.Com as being absolutely OUTSTANDING.
Agreed. A close friend of mine and I both bought WarrantyGold warranties at the same time when we bought our 1998 Chrysler minivans. I sold my van and transfered the warranty to the new owner (it made my van real easy to sell). I never had any claims or problems with the van.

My friend still has his Chrysler Town and Country LXI AWD and his warrantyGold diamond policy. He just had the van in for service at a Chrysler dealer today because the front end was noisy. They replaced the front struts, bushings, belt tensioner (seized - common problem), and a few other components. Total bill for my friend $47 for the serpentine belt. The service rep at the dealer told him that the WarrantyGold rep was a pleasure to deal with and they paid the dealer by credit card over the phone.

I wouldn't assume that warranties from the manufacturer are better. I like the option of bringing my car anywhere. I typically find dealers to be inconvenient and slow.

If I choose to buy a warranty for my Suburban or Intrepid, I'll go with Warranty Gold

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the "gold" plan from Wynn's Warranty co. for about $1200 and they suck!!! Engine went and they paid $800 out of the $4300. NEVER AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got my extended warrenty here http://www.chryslerwarranty.com/ It is a bit cheaper if you are within the first year purchased.

This was a bonified chrysler warranty. I took my r/t in because the low tone horn went out and the dealership had the info right in their computer. Plus they were about $300 cheaper than from chrysler direct.

Good hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts