DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting down to the nitty gritty guys on getting my 2k1. FOund the car agreed on price, now getting my ducks together.
I've talked to the dealer, haven't gotten the pricing yet, perhaps you can help.

I'm getting the 7/70 plan for free, but that only covers engine & drivetrain, and according to the dealer, this means anything that touched fluid, being oil, or trans. So I see on the DC site there are 3 levels, good better best...(I think) The saleman says the mid level is the most bang for the buck. The top level includes rental car & oil changes for 3 years.

Question is what package did you get, how much, what do you recommend? Goes without saying be as candid as possible with your service experience w/ dealer etc....

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks !

R/T Lust

·
Registered
202 Posts
IMHO, I view extended warranties as insurance. You have to weigh the liklihood of a serious breakdown to the cost of an extended warranty. Can you afford a major repair job (assuming one is needed) after the initial warranty period?
Other factors to consider. Will you keep the car through the warranty period? Will the warranty be transferrable? Will your money do "more work" for you somewhere else?
Given the laws of probibility, there will be cars that will break down and certainly an extended warranty will come in handy. Question is...Will your car be that one? If you properly maintain it, you lessen the odds.
In conclusion, for my personal situation...both financial and my desire to properly maintain the car...extended warranties are not worth it. Hope some of these questions/thoughts help you in your decsion. Best of luck and enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
The Chrysler warranty can be traded in... and refunded pro-rated if you sell your car back to the dealer, or transferred over if you privately sell it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I actually bought the extended warranty for my 89 Lebaron and went the air conditioning compressor went for the third time I was glad for the warranty. The first one was 25.00 and the others were free. My friend has a 94 Concorde and when the tranny blew at 80,000 the warranty paid for itself. The only reason I'm doing one on this car is because everything on this car looks like its expensive to fix or replace, esp with all the computers and sensors (what's diagnostic time running today).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts