DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F-150 beats Camaro

Well I beat it to death

The f-150 guys liked the story so I thought I would share it with you guys also.

I hit her at 70 MPH. She lost control and crossed 2 other lanes before I hit her in the far left lane. She was getting on the freeway so even thought it looks like a head-on we were both going the same direction.

http://crash.malcrow.com

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
hope everyone is okay.

to make sure i understand right.....she was on an entrance ramp lost control and you smacked her after she crossed 2 lanes?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
o man yea those cameros are quick little things but a camaro now those are tough
sounds like either a wet road and she punched it and fish tailed or she just cant drive

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mr.Dodge said:
o man yea those cameros are quick little things but a camaro now those are tough
sounds like either a wet road and she punched it and fish tailed or she just cant drive
thats a load of you know what, ... I drove a Z28 the other day... you knwo when I get bored I go to used car dealers and test drive cars up and down the high way... one good thing about NM.... most dealers dont even want a drivers license from you :D

anyway the camaro was in fairly good condition... 95 I belive, I hit the pedal to the metal, good take of, but shitty to control... but then its big butt slows its acceleration down ... well it was an automatic and pretty much stock, but still, that 350hp V8 is supposed to do somewhat better then that.... so go ahead make it flat with your truck :D

naw, I hope nothing happend to any of you.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Why is it so hard to spell a name of a car that has been around for 40 years. It does not have an ''E'' in the name anywhere. It is CAMARO.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Euro-poweR said:
thats a load of you know what, ... I drove a Z28 the other day... you knwo when I get bored I go to used car dealers and test drive cars up and down the high way... one good thing about NM.... most dealers dont even want a drivers license from you :D

anyway the camaro was in fairly good condition... 95 I belive, I hit the pedal to the metal, good take of, but shitty to control... but then its big butt slows its acceleration down ... well it was an automatic and pretty much stock, but still, that 350hp V8 is supposed to do somewhat better then that.... so go ahead make it flat with your truck :D

naw, I hope nothing happend to any of you.
It only had 275hp if it was a stock '95.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well you guys definitely guessed a right.

The road was slightly wet, she was young and inexperienced.

and yes she crossed in front of 2 other lanes of heavy traffic before I hit her.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Funny thing is that a suspension on the right Camaro makes all the difference.

I saw an 01 SS SLP Camaro with ONLY suspension work:

Subframe connectors, pan-h bar, lower and upper control arms, aftermarket springs and shocks.

It ran a 12.6 in the 1/4.

Cracks me up when people do all this engine work but have a shitty suspension and they don't get the full potenial out of thier ride. Even worse is neglecting the drive train....

The drivers seat of a 5.7L Camaro is no place for the inexperienced driver.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Just wondering, Who said it was a Z28?

They did come with a V6 I believe.

But We have two Z28s in my back yard, One a 6 spd, one an auto. And I have driven both of them. I would say in the rain they can get sideways easily, but Common Sense plays a huge role in any driving. Alot of kids around where I live have their parents but them these fast cars, and its so funny to hear them cry bout losing control and wrecking them and mommy and daddy wont by a new one.

Im only 20, but I can say I have many miles and experience under my Belt. I can say I can Drive Defensively, and Offensively.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone I have talked to is pretty sure it was a V6. I have been told it would of been worse for her if it was a V8.

Now don't get me wrong it was real bad for her. My son and I walked away with bumps and bruises. She on the other hand had to be extracted from the car and had a broken collar bone and leg.

I miss my truck but I don't miss the gas price tag and it is fun to be driving the trep again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
It only had 275hp if it was a stock '95.
Hey, just saying what the dealer told me... I didnt really look under the hood or anything, since I wasnt about to buy it.... I just like driving fast cars that dont belong to me :D... I am pretty sure the dealer has no clue about anything..... i am sure it was a V8 though... since I drove a pretty much same year Firebird with a V6 in it right after it.... since they are basicly the same car they handle quite similar, but the Firebird was a lot slower... in any case, too much of car for some kid that just started driving... spoilt brats :D... there are too many of those around here... just yesterday some girl around my age or younger was driving by in a brand new Lotus Elise... took her half an hour to get out of the freaggin parkinglot.... I mean come on, how irresposible is that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts