DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jsut got a 300m dash harness and im going to put it in my 99 base trep. It had the infinty sound with all the speakers even the back door speakers. my question is the plug off the dash harness at the passenger kick panel i assume it plugs into the infinity amp. my car is wired with the 4 speakers, on cars with no amp does it plug directly inot the harness going to the speakers rather than an amp? is the plug the same for infinity and non infinity system jsut a matter of what wires are there? or will i ahev to cut this plug off and splice the one off my car? or should i jsut convert it all to infinty :)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The speakers are different for a HU only system and for a HU+OEM Infinity system.

Once you decide which way you want to so, you'll beable to collect the right components.

I and at least one other member here have a pile of OEM Infinity components available for sale as a package.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats the pain all new speakers if i get the infinty amp and change the rear shelf, front doors, add the center channel, and run the wires for my sail speakers. Is the infinty sound really worht doing all that ?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Well, you can go with Factory OEM if you're able to get the parts (speakers, amp, etc) at a good price, say no more than $350. I've got a set ready to ship minus the sail speakers and rear door speakers but including an RBQ head and a Sirius receiver/antenna for $400.

If you are interested in hooking up aftermarket speakers to the Factory OEM amp, you'll need 2 ohm speakers.

If you want to go with 'real' Infinity amps and speakers, figure the cost to be about $750 if you do the install yourself. That will get you a 100+ watts per channel (times 4 channels) amp, 6 1/2" Kappas for the front door, and Kappa 6x9s for the rear desk. A factory HU will hook right up to this rig and even use the factory wiring harness. Pretty much plug and play, no need to run wires except for a 6-8 gauge power lead (fused at 60 amps) to the amplifier.

If you really want the rear door speakers you will need to run extra wiring as I think that only the 300m and LHS had that. You'll also have to decide how to amp the rear doors and rear deck, deciding if the deck will be bass/sub-woof with the rear doors being rear channel or what? If you decide to go this way the sky is the limit on your $$$ spend.

Retrofitting, no one bothers with the center channel speaker unless they are fanatic about OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts