DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from needing to be programmed to each vehicle...does anyone know if I could take a Durango key fob, and program it to an Intrepid? Or an Intrepid key fob and program it to a Ram??

Many of the remotes look the same so it seems it would be easy to just buy any remote rather than searching for the exact part number matching my vin-- However, thats what is making me think the part number must match year/make/model, as I have ran into several different part number remotes that all look the same -- the oval shaped one with the two lock/unlock buttons on top, and panic button on bottom.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I would think that they would be the same. IMO, it seems rather silly to produce a bunch of different remotes.

However, I believe that they communicate with the BCM. Which, most likely, could be different between each model you are talking about.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I might risk the $10 for one on ebay.

All I have found so far is the RKE modules are different -- but still dont see why the fobs would be different.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fobs are different, slightly different frequency

I returned 2 fobs on Ebay before the seller finally sent me the correct part #, the wrong ones would never program because the RKE would never "hear" it
Yeah, that sounds right. They have different numbers for a reason.

I think I am just going to take the plunge and buy a new one off of my vin number so everything is done right and I dont have to mess with it anymore. Cant save a few bucks on everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts