1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i didnt know cold airs could be illigal.... but imho any pipe will do the job, including pvc. as long as the filter is good, which it is, then your ok. if somehow it is illigal, when has a cop ever asked you to pop the hood on a traffic stop? and you could always keep your old stuff for inspection day

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Joe, doesnt like to talk about his intakes much on di.net. If I was you, I would go to this site and email him at the bottom link.

http://www.j-intakes.com

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
K&N makes a good "drop-in" filter. Yes, the "real" K&N FIPK's are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. Joe's are comparable, and look better (IMO). Not sure where's he is at as far as prices... With either FIPK, HP gains are slight, but the "COOL" factor is the biggest plus. :biggrin:

Oh...and I've had my PVC insulated intake on my 2.7 for 3+ years...no melting problems... :biggrin:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just got my K&N FIPK yesterday. I went to Kragens, told them summit has it for 214.95, they beat all of their competitions by 5%. so i got it for 218$ out the door. It even comes with a dyno sheet, 8.46 HP, not bad and it matches everything, not to mention i live CA where i need that CARB exempt sticker. Me like very much!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i am not going to spend for a fipk right now. So, my question is, would i be better off using the one to fit the standard airbox, or get one of these cheap ebay fakes that still use most of the intake tubing, but have an actual k & N cone filter?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a k&n "drop-in" filter and it really doesn't do much as far as HP goes, but gas mileage is definitely a noticeable difference, especially on the highway. With the k&n, it just seems like I spend less time off the throttle, and still maintain the desired speed. If you still want to go the whole CAI way, then go ahead, but a drop-in is not a bad alternative if you cant afford the CAI right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts