DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a choice, dump 2k$ into the suspension and tires and keep the Trep, 2.7 and all at 105k miles, or trade up-so I bit the bullet and traded her in for a 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.
I will sorely miss the Treps driving manners, for I have never driven a car that ate up the road like the Trep, all smoothly and quietly, too. But I needed a warranteed low-mile vehicle and winters dont improve here in New England!
I wish to thank everyone here for their advice, insights, opinions and parts(Gormo66 you da MAN!) and wish everyone luck with their DC vehicles. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, etc.
Stay safe people!
NWS17 over and out................

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fiat, actually:)
Thnx! Ya its 4x4 offroad package is awesome, the Boston area got slammed with a nasty squall this morning that left everything iced over, but no problemo for me, a welcome change.
Getting in the Trep was like being posessed, you totally plug in to the car and how it drives, thats the biggest thing-getting used to slow cornering and having wind blow you around, but its 4x4!;-)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
nws17 said:
the Boston area got slammed with a nasty squall this morning that left everything iced over, but no problemo for me, a welcome change
I know I'm not going to be the first or last to say this but 4wd will not help you on icey roads

remember that I have lived on the CT/MA line my whole life and have owned cars + trucks, RWD, FWD, 4WD etc over the years

the only way it will benefit is if you have 4 wheel studded snow tires

I have had this discussion many, many times with my wife and her AWD V8 Explorer, she thinks that the power and AWD will get her through anything, told her not to think that way or she will end up kissing a tree or even worse....

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I didn't have any problem this morning.... I know a car will get stuck easier but while in motion I'd take the handling of a car over a truck anyday

I hope you had other reasons to buy that truck because Boston doesn't get jack **** for snow... last year being an exception... I definitely would not let the 5 to 10 times it snows here determine what kind of vehicle I drive.... and obviously I didn't.

Anyway good luck with your truck guess you'll also be browsing www.freshalloy.com

And I think Nissan was bought out by Renault not Fiat

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
LeCar, eh? Didn't mean to draw so much fire! Curious assumptions....
Well, I don't drive my truck like its a car, I see enough assholes wreck theirs because they think 4x4 means total traction, and I have had great success with Blizzak tires in the past on rear and front drive cars, as well as rear drive trucks, but there is no substitute for common sense. I drove for work for years, I'd say I'm more than competent at the task no matter what vehicle or conditions.
However, snow wasn't the reason for a truck. I have spent my life in MA and have seen plenty of snow, I just could not justify another Trep based on how DC has been the last few years. And Maintenance costs were not practical considering the engine and lack of good resale value on the Dodge
And I wanted a truck for the last year, love the visibility and usefullness-try getting a snowthrower in the Trep!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good luck to a fellow former DC owner. Todays snow showed me that the tap shift my new Grand Prix has is good stuff. Start from a stop in 2nd gear like a manual! Hope the new truck treats you well.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well maybe you will not kill the truck's suspension

good luck with it

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool! Thnx everyone! I hope the suspension holds up, I drive a highway under construction, hope its done soon!(Rte.3)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts