DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone knows the STOCK acceleration numbers that a 3.5L intrepid was rated with at the factory. I've seen different places list the 0-60 time as both 8.3 and 8.7 seconds but I've never seen a factory rating for the 1/4 mile.

Also, who on this site has a 3.5L first gen intrepid that is still naturally aspirated (that includes no NO2) and runs significantly faster (or at least somewhat faster) than stock. And if they have shared thier speed secrets what are they?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think the first gen that is juiced that ur talking about is ACR he runs 13.xxx 1/4s. There are many first gens with NOS but that would be the fastews one bc he custom made headers, TB bore, prowler pro gears, Custom injectors,NOS, Intake....

Jay

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
IntrepidSportDriver said:
I'm just wondering if anyone knows the STOCK acceleration numbers that a 3.5L intrepid was rated with at the factory. I've seen different places list the 0-60 time as both 8.3 and 8.7 seconds but I've never seen a factory rating for the 1/4 mile.
If you mean numbers for unmodified 3.5Ls there are several sources but you'd really have to average them all to get any kind of real-world number to work with. Even then it's dicey since you don't know the conditions for the runs ...

·
Registered
891 Posts
The Intrepid isn’t fast, but it’s average for its class. If you look at a late model Crown Victoria, Taurus (even the SHO), an Impala/Monte Carlo (even the SS Monte Carlo), or even an automatic Accord you’ll see that their numbers aren’t much different from the Intrepid. Of course a large part of the Intrepid not being faster is that its tranny chews up a pretty steep percentage of the decent amount of power the engine makes. Also even if you give the trep some more power, since it’s a FWD there is a limit to how fast you can really make it accelerate, since the harder it’s pulling, the more weight is being transferred off it’s drive wheels. Now if someone was to swap out the treps tranny and put in a manual AWD setup, you never know what you might potentially able to do with the 0-60 and quarter mile…

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
1g 3.5L should be low 16 second 1/4 mile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts