DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I guess if u wanna spend about $4000 or $5000 to go that fast then yep, its impressive...but when he blows the bottom end out of it in a few months at a dragstrip, I hope I'm there laughing at him with my car paid off while his and his add-on's are laying on the track surface.......haha...haha........haha....ha.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've read, the stock bottom end is stout enough to handle 400 HP. It's less expensive, IMHO, to buy the SC'ed version (L67) and add $1000 in bolt-ons to achieve the same results.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Good try at humoring yourself. Try reading the article, he has been racing this car at the track for over three years now

I think this car more then deserves respect, it's impressive to see those times out of any n/a FWD car let alone one that is just as large as our Intrepids

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
intrepidrtman said:
I guess if u wanna spend about $4000 or $5000 to go that fast then yep, its impressive...but when he blows the bottom end out of it in a few months at a dragstrip, I hope I'm there laughing at him with my car paid off while his and his add-on's are laying on the track surface.......haha...haha........haha....ha.
You're an idiot. That car is damn quick, and who cares how much money was spent on it? If you want to go fast, it costs money, thats not hard to understand. I'd like to see any NA Intrepid go 8.50s on the 1/8th mile.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I can be
Fast and Cheap
Cheap and Reliable
Reliable and Fast

Pick two of the three.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Sooooooooo many bolt ons :eek:

·
Registered
554 Posts
intrepidrtman said:
Wow, dumbest post I've read in a while. I don't suppose you're a fan of neutral drops as well?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
1fst4dr said:
Wow, dumbest post I've read in a while. I don't suppose you're a fan of neutral drops as well?
lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
hmm... is that the fastest in the world? or like... in the county... and by fastest do you mean made by a single tuner, or fastest period... because im sure give that car to a company like HKS or Blitz and the car will be pushing it harder N/A

·
Registered
554 Posts
Trytic said:
hmm... is that the fastest in the world? or like... in the county... and by fastest do you mean made by a single tuner, or fastest period... because im sure give that car to a company like HKS or Blitz and the car will be pushing it harder N/A
There's faster n/a GT's, ZZP's tend to do better. I seriously doubt a company like HKS or Blitz would be able to work it over any better, the two companies into the 3.8 now have been working it over for a while. It's also a pretty decent departure from what those companies normally work with.

·
Registered
589 Posts
1fst4dr said:
There's faster n/a GT's, ZZP's tend to do better. I seriously doubt a company like HKS or Blitz would be able to work it over any better, the two companies into the 3.8 now have been working it over for a while. It's also a pretty decent departure from what those companies normally work with.

but see, if you give it to HKS or Blitz they would probably rebuild the entire block with their own custom parts, considering how they are capable of produce the parts. so it would be fairly easy for them to be able to do it, not saying its easy to do, just that they would have a easier time doing it then like me or you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Considering those companies work with smaller displacement OHC designs for the most part, if not exclusively when it comes to motor mods, I would imagine they wouldn't be much more adept at getting more power out of it than the normal 3.8 vendors who work solely on that engine alone and have been doing so for several years.

J

·
0 Posts
I bought Grand Turismo 4.
I'm gonna go get a refund now, after this thread.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ok, whatever u guys say....I would love to know how much that guy spent on that engine...all I know is that if u want to be different and go with a full size car and do all of that u must have money to piss away or are just that kewl. I guess I will just stick with my cobra for racing and my trep r/t for some family driving with some decent power...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
*looks at his SE with a new sense of pride... then remembers that it's an SE with the L28 and cries*

when i win the lottery...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts