DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest problems facing those of us who want faster intrepids is weight the damn thing wighs a ton and a half it has some decent aerodynamics but it weighs alkomst 3500lbs if u could cut the wiehg tdown to liek 2900 that would be the biggest diffrence to the intrepidpossible without evne touching the engine. i can not figure out for the life of me wtf is making it so damn heavy. any ides on y it is so heavy and or how to make i t lighter? im gueessing the engine orjsut the steel body.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I know what makes it heavy. IT'S A BIG CAR. And btw, most ntrepids weigh pwards of 3500 without the driver or junk in it. I know mines over 3600. I'm not sure it would be easy to reduce the weight of this car. And I'm also not sure there are many 2900 lb cars with decent-sized V6es out there.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Mine weighs 3400 with my stereo equipment and me in it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
weight reducing mod

I know a great way to reduce the weight of your car with you in it--lose weight yourself, i did. Lost 60 lbs since my wife left (not including her fat ass in the passengers seat) and man can i tell the dif in acceleration woohoo- best free mod, you save money by not buying the same amount of food per month and spend the dif on your car
OK I was venting-I never really thought of my soon-to-be ex-wife as fat although we always wore the same jeans and I weighed in at 220-you do the math. So Pete, if you're reading this, I'm sure you'll understand.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
A Prowler weigh's 2900lbs, I doubt our cars will ever get that low unless you rip everything out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
LHSer, 2nd gen intrepids weigh 3469-3549 lbs :tongue:

·
Registered
530 Posts
My car was weighed on a scale with no one in it, my full size spare, tool bag, and half a tank of gas. 3,540 lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts