DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my suspicions that I have a bad BCM on my hands, but I'm not sure. Went to start the car one day since it sat for a month, due to me being a dumbass and breaking my collar bone. Surprised it didn't start, tried charging the battery and it wouldn't charge so I got a new one. After I put the new in, I noticed the interior lights wouldn't turn off after shutting the door.

Symptoms I've noticed:
-With the car off, the lights stay on. When the car is running, the lights work as they should.
-The OTIS isn't saving my AVG ECO any more.
-The door dinger when the key is in the ignition and door open is barely audible.
-The Temperature control unit sometimes beeps, sometimes doesn't beep when buttons are pressed.

What I've done so far to try and rule fix the issue, hoping its not the BCM:
-Took the battery cable off for like an hour to hopefully reset things.
-Opened and closed all doors, hood, and trunk lid.
-Pulled out the radio/interior light fuse, lights turned off. Keeping the fuse out for now.
-Replaced the driver door switch.
-Unplugged/Replugged the light switch.
-Tested the OTIS, it passed.
-Tested the Temperature control Unit, came back with an error code 36 for ATC head communication error.

If it is the BCM, I'm going to have a real fun time trying to find the premium version of it. 馃槱 Its not the end of the world, I can just drive around with no radio or interior lights.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Registered
I have my suspicions that I have a bad BCM on my hands, but I'm not sure. Went to start the car one day since it sat for a month, due to me being a dumbass and breaking my collar bone. Surprised it didn't start, tried charging the battery and it wouldn't charge so I got a new one. After I put the new in, I noticed the interior lights wouldn't turn off after shutting the door.

Symptoms I've noticed:
-With the car off, the lights stay on. When the car is running, the lights work as they should.
-The OTIS isn't saving my AVG ECO any more.
-The door dinger when the key is in the ignition and door open is barely audible.
-The Temperature control unit sometimes beeps, sometimes doesn't beep when buttons are pressed.

What I've done so far to try and rule fix the issue, hoping its not the BCM:
-Took the battery cable off for like an hour to hopefully reset things.
-Opened and closed all doors, hood, and trunk lid.
-Pulled out the radio/interior light fuse, lights turned off. Keeping the fuse out for now.
-Replaced the driver door switch.
-Unplugged/Replugged the light switch.
-Tested the OTIS, it passed.
-Tested the Temperature control Unit, came back with an error code 36 for ATC head communication error.

If it is the BCM, I'm going to have a real fun time trying to find the premium version of it. 馃槱 Its not the end of the world, I can just drive around with no radio or interior lights.
My interior lights will stay on, and after a moment slowly fade out. Takes a min or two though.

Not sure about the AVG eco.

There is a .25 percent chance I have a prem BCM laying around somewhere, or if its the one I think I shipped it to somewhere in europe long time ago. I had two of them. Sold both.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My interior lights will stay on, and after a moment slowly fade out. Takes a min or two though.

Not sure about the AVG eco.

There is a .25 percent chance I have a prem BCM laying around somewhere, or if its the one I think I shipped it to somewhere in europe long time ago. I had two of them. Sold both.
Wish I could say that was the case but they've been on for over 30 minutes now 馃槄. I'm not dire need of a bcm atm, just prefer to have everything working properly.

Registered
When the car is on the lights stays on and the door ajar indicator is on?

Registered
I鈥檓 not too familiar with the BCM and its specific functions, but this makes me wonder if you might have a bad ground somewhere. I鈥檝e had some wacky electrical issues that turned out to be a rusted or broken ground. Just yesterday I removed the amplifier from my trunk to troubleshoot a sound problem. There was a ground wire within the stereo harness bundle that I was screwed to the body along with another ground wire in the trunk, so I had to remove it to pull the harness out. Later, with those grounds disconnected, I went for a quick drive and noticed the ATC and stereo displays dimmed every time I pressed the brake, and flashed on and off when the turn signal was flashing! I was confused for a bit, then remembered those wires in the trunk. I reconnected the ground wires, and sure enough the strange blinking went away.
One singular wire can wreak havoc. Good luck solving your problem!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the late reply.
When the car is on the lights stays on and the door ajar indicator is on?
So with the car in the Accessory position and Run Position, the door ajar light and trunk open lightworks normally.
When the car is off and key out, there's no door ajar light. The trunk open light works normally.

I鈥檓 not too familiar with the BCM and its specific functions, but this makes me wonder if you might have a bad ground somewhere. I鈥檝e had some wacky electrical issues that turned out to be a rusted or broken ground. Just yesterday I removed the amplifier from my trunk to troubleshoot a sound problem. There was a ground wire within the stereo harness bundle that I was screwed to the body along with another ground wire in the trunk, so I had to remove it to pull the harness out. Later, with those grounds disconnected, I went for a quick drive and noticed the ATC and stereo displays dimmed every time I pressed the brake, and flashed on and off when the turn signal was flashing! I was confused for a bit, then remembered those wires in the trunk. I reconnected the ground wires, and sure enough the strange blinking went away.
One singular wire can wreak havoc. Good luck solving your problem!
That or a broken wire somewhere, Although now I have my speakers singing to the RPM's of the motor now. It has to be a grounding issue/broken wire somewheres.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts