DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I Paypal'd TrepidHelp $350 on July 18th for the Enkei rims he was selling. All seemed to be going fine, I figured he was just a little slow and busy with work and all(being a Christian, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt).

Well, it is now August 12th, no rims and my last correspondance(sp?) with him was July 31st. He has not returned my emails or anything since then.

TrepidHelp(Frank is his name), I hope your not f'ing around with me. That would not be a good idea. Plus, its not making you look to good making me wait almost a month to get the rims.

Its too bad it has come to this. I thought since I was dealing with a DI.Net member, that all should be good. So far, this site seems to have many quality members.

TrepidHelp(Frank), if your out there, do you feel like coming clean on this one? If not, I already have PayPal on the hunt for you.

Thanks guys, sorry so long. Just really upset. I am supporting my wife and son on my income and its not everyday I get the opportunity to drop $350 on myself.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I know you feel, I'm thinking I almost got conned into buying a members radio but decided not to due to a gut feeling and engine troubles.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if this guy doesn't come clean, CAN PayPal get me back my money?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Titleist said:
if this guy doesn't come clean, CAN PayPal get me back my money?
Oh but he will come clean... you see... he's 2 hours north of us in Baltimore. Catch my drift? :sneaky2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
dude, i am a new paypal account holder. since i have had NOTHING but BAD experiances. i can tell u that i do have the rims, and did intend to ship to u. paypal would not let me withdraw my funds. ( for whatever reason) anyway dude the money is in account. cuz paypal wont let me have the money, i will just tell them to refund you.( hopfully they will) sorry it takes so long to respond back. i am not online much. Please do NOT feel as though i was taking advantage of u.
i personally do not recomend paypal...
those of u who was gonna hunt me down... u would have been in for a BIG surprise.... i know ur daddy told u not to bring a knife to a gun fight. lol

·
9,861 Posts
You do get your account locked when your under investigation. Many people talk crap about paypal because of this.

I've used paypal for years, and have even had someone hack into my account. I still think paypal is the best way to send cash on the net.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
TrepidHelp said:
dude, i am a new paypal account holder. since i have had NOTHING but BAD experiances. i can tell u that i do have the rims, and did intend to ship to u. paypal would not let me withdraw my funds. ( for whatever reason) anyway dude the money is in account. cuz paypal wont let me have the money, i will just tell them to refund you.( hopfully they will) sorry it takes so long to respond back. i am not online much. Please do NOT feel as though i was taking advantage of u.
i personally do not recomend paypal...
those of u who was gonna hunt me down... u would have been in for a BIG surprise.... i know ur daddy told u not to bring a knife to a gun fight. lol
This sorta thing has happened to many of my friends, and this is why I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO USE PAYPAL.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
TrepidHelp said:
I've been f****d by paypal in the past. :mad: :mad:
And dude, I was just joking around. :mg:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I refuse to do any transactions with funds over the Internet. Anyone who does business with me will accept my check or a money order in the mail or they can find someone else to do business with.

Good luck with the PayPal issue.

Every Ebay purchase I've done has been with money order and I only accept money order (or personal check shipping after it clears)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently had a non receipt item from ebay. Only about 150 dollars. But I was pretty pissed. the guy was slow to respond to things in the beginning, then when I tried to find out the status he never responded (And I was trying to be really polite, I didn't even leave him negative feedback). In the end I contacted paypal, but after a few weeks they said they couldn't refund it. Also contacted ebay which revoked the account (Oh boy). I finally contacted my credit card company. After submitting a special request and a note, they looked into and finally refunded the money.. I would suggest something like that.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TrepidHelp, thanks for responding. I only created this post because you have offered me no response since July 31.

Frank, business is business. If I am giving someone hard-earned money, I expect some type of response. I don't know about you or anyone else, but $350 is a lot of money to me. That is why I am hitting the panic button.

You must understand, you seem like an OK person Frank, but I don't REALLY know you. I give you $350, you offer me virtually no response in 2 weeks. I think anyone, including yourself, would be alarmed.

If you would like to clear this up somehow, email me at home(you have the address), and maybe we can have a phone conversation. I'll even make the call and pick up the long distance.

If your just through with the whole deal, then just let me know and let PayPal know. I would like my money back if no rims are going to be sent.

Thanks.

·
9,861 Posts
TrepidHelp, have you tried calling paypal? They usually respond to phone calls alot better then emails. I'm telling you this from first hand experence.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have had several bad experiences with paypal by waiting for funds. They kept saying the monies are there but because of the exchange (I was paid in US but have a Canadian acct?) that the problems were that I had to go do this and that and this and that so I could withdraw the monies. So after there so called favourable exchange rate which was about 8 cents more than the bank rate they made another like $25 more on top of the already service charges along with Ebay's rate...I prefer not to go through them again yet they sent me their credit card to boot. When selling a big buck or so item it isn't worth it after all the charges tally up...and ask for more monies then the sale isn't usually worth it. I hope this helps with any quick reactions. Unfortunately a lot happens in my like as well so I know that I can be slow at things (like shipping) at times where I also know it is not a good thing to do but things do happen! I hope all works out for both of you and unfortunately but patience will payoff...IF NOT we know where he lives as a well respected group on these boards!...LMAO.

STBEAR007

·
Registered
157 Posts
paypal sucks

I stop using them and changed my banking account.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Weird! I, too, have never had a problem with paypal. I don't sell, only buy, maybe that's the ticket...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts