DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has any one ever been rear ended... i got rear ended this morning, my rear bumper has some scratches, and there was foam on the ground under my car, i am going to take it in to the auto repair shop on friday and was wondering what kind of expenses i can expect, the guys insurance company is going to "assess" the damage and write me a check for it... any suggestions so i dont get screwed? i have a 2001 dodge intrepid se. thanks for your help

andrew

·
Registered
638 Posts
I got rear ended before but it was by a Geo Metro. Didn't even leave a mark. :D :p

You're probably looking at $400-$500. Depends on how badly it's messed up.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Make sure to contact your insurance company and let them know that this happened. Get a quote from a good body shop so the other guys insurance doesn't try and shaft you.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree with Intreper. Get your insurance company involved. They may not handle any of the payment transactions, as this sounds like it was the other party's fault. Usually everything is handled by the other party's insurance company. Take your car to where YOU want it fixed and get an estimate. Note that the repair shop estimate is just that, an estimate. There are times when during the repair, other damages are found that were not originally listed.

I was rear ended last year in our Monte Carlo. Unless you new where to look, you couldn't see any damage. Turned out to be a little over $2000 in repairs as the rear quarters were a little buckled.

You didn't say how hard of an impact it was. Probably felt pretty hard. You may even want to have the claim remain open for possible injuries. Some injuries don't show up for a little while. I would hate for you to accept a payment and start hurting a month from now. Claims can remain open for quite a while. Don't let them force you into signing or closing out anything unless you're sure that you're okay.

I'm not suggesting that you rip off the other company, just that you protect yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts