DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really find the widened body look sexy! However, I do not like the body kits for the first generation Intrepid and actually prefer them without! Plus, I haven't found one with actual fender flares on it! So, I was wondering what a first generation Intrepid with only fender flares would look like. I've seen some pictures of some first gens with the chrome fender trim, but not flares. The trim just isn't really my style (no offense to anyone who does like it!). I have some pictures of my car under my photo album if anyone wants to use my pictures - not sure if they're at a good angle, but I can always take some more if someone is willing to give it a try! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ya same here, I have a second gen and I like the widened body stance, with nice wider tires, this summer when all the snow melts I'm going to see if I can, I wouldn't do flares cause of dirt getting in them and rusting, I'm going to do the metal work and built the flare right into the body, dads a pro body man and a custom painter so thought my car would be a great project for me to learn

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The only real options I see are to either roll the fenders out as much as you can or buy one of those plastic bolt on fender flares that don't look good unless they are on a truck. After that it all becomes custom.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ya my car will be all custom, if I flared the fenders it would be all custom worked and welded and stuff, wouldn't be to hard haha

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
How wide are you talking? I was looking at some aggressive wheels, and an 18 x 11 et of 8 will stick out on the front like maybe 35mm past the body with a 285/35r18 tire, rears maybe 20mm past the body, so you would need crazy wide wheels or run wheels with a negative offset to really make it worth while. Not meaning to be a buzzkill, but these cars have huge wheel wells. Everyone thinks 245/45r18 is a wide wheel and it looks small under an intrepid

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
How wide are you talking? I was looking at some aggressive wheels, and an 18 x 11 et of 8 will stick out on the front like maybe 35mm past the body with a 285/35r18 tire, rears maybe 20mm past the body, so you would need crazy wide wheels or run wheels with a negative offset to really make it worth while. Not meaning to be a buzzkill, but these cars have huge wheel wells. Everyone thinks 245/45r18 is a wide wheel and it looks small under an intrepid
I run some 25 mm spacers with the stock special wheels 245's. Technically speaking I think I could go another 10mm and it would be flush meaning if you wanted to you could possibly run a 285 without very much sticking out, with the right spacers. Could certainly run a 275 with it looking good, but no point for that big of a tire on the rear except for show anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts