DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is starting to piss me off. Ever since I got my computer I haven't been able to get the TV out to work. It would never detect the TV at first, then I upgraded the drivers. It would then detect it, but would only give me greyscale. And now, finally, I have the new nVidia V. 29.42 drivers with a great new feature to force detection of a second monitor. The only problem is, it puts my secondary display as an analog display, and not a TV and it is just pissing me off so much...:mad: :mad: :mad:

if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Well I'm excellent with computers, so just tell me which make, and model of video card you purchased (says it right on the box).

I'll research everything else for you :)

(Are you using the nvidia detonator driver, or the one from the manufacturer's website?)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, its nVidia's Detonator driver, but that is what it links you to from the manufacturers site ( http://www.jaton.com )

it is a Jaton GeForce2 MX-400 (64mb)

I cant find the box anywhere around here for the for the exact model number, but you should be able to find what you need w/ the info above.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'm looking into it as we speak.

I have the original Hercules Geforce 2 MX with Dual Display video.

I can get my tv output working fine btw so there's hope for you :)

(works with either drivers)

So here are my other questions, which operating system are you using, and which type of cable are you patching out to your tv? S-video or RCA?

That, and is your tv tuned to the proper channel at the time?

Oh, and what are you main reasons besides playing games on a tv.. for wanting to use tv output?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvilDeadFan said:
I'm looking into it as we speak.

So here are my other questions, which operating system are you using, and which type of cable are you patching out to your tv? S-video or RCA?

I've tried both, and neither work.

That, and is your tv tuned to the proper channel at the time?
[/qoute]
as far as i know, yes, but i've made stupider mistakes - i'll check that out

Oh, and what are you main reasons besides playing games on a tv.. for wanting to use tv output?
Winamp visualizations, You dont know jack, and DVDs etc

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Nice, well for visualizations in winamp, playing the odd game, it's going to be sweet when its working ( we can figure this out together)

But for dvd, stop! I tried that before and it's always lacking, because the dvd screen never seems centered correctly, or at least not as good as a standalone unit.

So I did some searching about two months after I purchased my first computer 4-5 years ago, and to go with my at the time 6x Pioneer slot load dvd player, I complimented it with the other industry best for computer dvd.

Here's what im talking about

Seriously, for dvd watching, if Your serious about having the best of the best, go there. I purchased the hollywood plus and later bought the remote that controls it (it plays dvds and vcds etc really nicely) and have not regretted it since :)

It also blows away any stand alone unit because you can use the pc dvd features as well , and get as good or better performance for visuals :)

The only thing is, for digital sound, only an sp/dif rca is available, and for picture, rca and s-video are only available (that means no fibre optic sound output, and no composite video out)

But for now, I don't miss it because I'm also saving money :)

Try one out :) I wish I could show you what I mean :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, its only going to be used for DVDs when my roomate has to leave his PS2 @ home (its both his and his bro's so they gotta share). I know its probably not the best for watchin DVDs but we're poor college students :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i know its on the right channel now. I have it hooked up through the front RCA's (input 2). I wasn't sure what channel the S-Vid ran through.

but still nothing... :mad:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there any way to check to see if the TV-out is bad?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know if this pic will help you, but check it out anyway.

as you can tell, it wont let me select the F#@%ing box where it says TV... :mad:

I set it to 640x480 @ 60hertz but still get nothing. I cant find anywhere to set the colors to 256, so i think its still trying to clone the 16 bit to my TV, which pretty much is impossible...

any other ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
another thing that just came to my attention... opened up the device manager and it only has one monitor listed. I distictly remember it setting up a second one before - is it possible that the ****in idiots @ microsoft didn't put a TV driver on XP??

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm talking w/ one of my friends who just picked up a new computer and is having the EXACT problem. He is running XP Pro also, but has this for a vid card:

VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 (64mb)

which just leads me to believe its more of a prob with the OS not the hardware

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Cool cool... im using windows XP Pro on this machine with the dual display also.. and I can only get one display to display.. at a time :) I can get the tv working!

Here's what I do : click on the twinview tab or whatever your special tab for video output is , click on the standard button mode (twinview disabled) do the force detection of secondary monitor, and click on device settings, click on select output source, then tv should be clickable. make sure you choose teh correct format,a nd the proper video output format, then click aply. It should immediately switch it to the tv. But that's all that I can get to happen so far, with my manufacturer's drivers.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Oooh **** updated. Once you have it patched to the tv, if you can click on the clone feature, then click apply, it'll let it work on both screens :) I'm going to try some grand theft auto 3 this way :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cant get to the menu to select TV w/o twin view enabled. The only thing it'll let me change when I have "forced detection" and twin view disabled is I can change whether to display on monitor 1 or 2... and it wont display on 2 cauz it doesn' tknow its a TV

here's something i found on ATI's webpage (i know its a different manufacturer, but this came up on a search)

Windows XP TV OUT Support

Enabling/Disabling TV OUT using a driver from the Windows XP CD
When using a driver from the Windows XP CD, TV OUTPUT is enabled automatically if a TV is attached to the graphics card at boot time. The TV OUT hardware operates at its DEFAULT SETTINGS.
What driver from the XP cd is it referring to? like a general vid card driver?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MOTHER ****ER, MOTHER ****ER, MOTHER ****ER:mad:

ITS A GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING TV.... JUST LET ME CLICK THE ****ING BOX :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

STOP TRYING TO CONTROL MY COMPUTER YOU ****ING NVIDIA DRIVER.. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT... LET ME MANUALLY SELECT THE ****ING TV BOX. YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF **** :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ok... i feel a little better now.... my tv still wont work though :'(

maybe i should try a hammer?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
A pic of my room.
Perhaps it can show some hope of what can happen :)

Now... if you were to let me connect to your computer with the windows xp thingie, I could help you out directly :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now... if you were to let me connect to your computer with the windows xp thingie, I could help you out directly
how do you set that up? You can do it easily through MSN messenger, but i dunno if you have it. if you do my e-mail on there is [email protected]

or if you'd just logon AOL i added you to my list

1 - 20 of 27 Posts