DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the snow storm that hit Pittsburgh and other areas in February, my NEW grill and clear corner parking lights were destroyed. I put in my old orange parking lights and let the grille go for a while. Finally, after many forums about a new grille, I decided to start up on the grill. The middle part was smashed and broken and the chrome lip was cracked in two spots. I cut out the middle and then used Bondo Glass Body Filler to fix the two cracks and smooth it all out. Got it sanded to what I thought was great then sprayed it with primer and realized I am not a good body man. It's at my parents mechanics who is going to finish smoothing it out and then he is going to spray it glossy black and clear coat it. This is how far I got, you can't tell how bad it is though...

When I put the bumper back on so I could use my car, i realized that the actual bumper and frame supports were really noticeable and it looked horrible so I got some roll bar and chassis paint to fix that problem. I also realized when its all together the inside of the bumper may be noticeable and since it was a yellow color, i decided to spray that too.

Sanded down

Paint process

Inside bumper

I dropped off the grille Friday but the painter was not there so it has to wait till Monday. Once I get it back I will post some more and the final product. I am planning on adding some big ass fog lights in the opening at some point. Let me know what you guys think about that. I want some Hella 500s in there and since my headlights are round, I think they will look OK. Anyone think that those would be way to big and look trashy or will it give it a unique look? Any advise is welcome!

·
Registered
917 Posts
NO fog light's, too tacky IMO... If your going for look's ebay has some of those L.E.D's (like the audi) that might look pretty cool, and you can get creative since they are flexible.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
If you can weld some mounting tabs to the bumper, the Hella's will fit nicely.
I thought about doing something like that with round fog lights on my car, but haven't found a way to pull it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts