DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have been trying to join DI.net for over a week and apparently something in the system here doesn't like my email server domain so I had to re-register (3 times total) using a different email address so I could receive the email confirming my membership. I've been wanting to post and not able to.

I bought my first Intrepid, a '96, in late '98 and have just recently bought an '03. There is a whole big story to that one and I'll be looking forward to posting that in another forum shortly.

Intrepids are just so cool. Big cars but with styling and handling that you'd expect to find on a smaller car but it all just works so well on the Intrepid. For that matter there is more interior room and trunk room in my Intrepids (either the 96 or the '03) than there is in my mom's Olds 88 4 door, but there is nothing whatever cool about the Olds. It's like an orthopedic car for old people.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here, I have already downloaded and made minor use of the 2nd Gen service manual, thanks very much for that. Now to find the right place to post the interesting story of the 03 I just bought....

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
White!
Best..... color...... ever!
(comic book guy voice off simpsons)

Welcome aboard.

PS. You've got my rims bro, send em back in the mail and the puppy gets to live!
:frenzy:

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't hurt the pup! Geez and I've got four, you can guess how I feel about that. Re the wheels, the salespunk at the dealer guessed that these were aftermarket but obviously they aren't. One of them is missing the little center piece but it's been ordered and will be sent directly to me by the dealer.

I know people like silver and black, and that's fine, but a black car gets so danged hot on a sunny summer day and the worst car I ever owned (a Dodge Mirada) was also silver and I never want another silver car ever. Besides, silver is so popular EVERYone and his brother is driving a silver Intrepid, minivan, pickup truck, Civic Hybrid, you-name-it. I think the Stone White sets off the tinted windows really well, and I really like it because it's not a blank chalk white like a frigging washing machine. Stone White has some gray or something to it that gives it some character and to me it's just perfect on this car. So to each his/her own; I wanted Stone White and wouldn't trade.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Welcome Aboard, and I do agree white is good in the Treps. mine is white also

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To PeacefulDave, the story is actually about my 03 - and I am having a dickens of a time getting it to post as a new thread in the general discussion area. Hmm.

I really do like the Intrepid in Stone White - I don't know if they offered another white but if it's the bleak no-color-at-all-shade-of-white that my mom's Olds is, I would never want that. I'd have gone for the Flame Red or whatever it is, absolutely.

Sometime I will post about that silver Mirada I had. I am a big Mopar fan and have been for many years but that was the worst piece of crap you could imagine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Intrep_ED, nice car and lots of great pics. One of the neatest things about the Intrepid is that it's a big damned car but it looks awesome, not like some bloated thing. And my apologies to anyone who likes Pontiacs but I've seen some new Bonnevilles and they are so overwrought with fins and ridges and waves and stuff they look totally contrived. An Intrepid just looks so 'right' unlike a lot of other good-sized cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts