DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took my car into a trusted dealer mechanic. That whining sound coming from the transmission is gone! And all it cost me was 2800 dollars! ONLY. I HATE DEALERSHIPS SOMETIMES! They were very nice while robbing me blind, I got to drive a BRAND NEW car! (2006 PT Cruiser, not a bad little car for under 17grand)

Heres wat 2800 bucks bought me....and its a laundry list!
New Torque Converter, New clutches/plates/seals/fluid/filter and pan. They also performed a recall repair while it was under the knife. Something about a shift linkage or some such. Am I happy about the price? Not really, but I'm still under blue book on the car, even after having the transmission rebuilt. So it all works out. I could sell the car for 3500, I've only put 3000 into it, including purchase price......so I think I'm ok with that. My only hope is that it goes at least another 142k miles without having to do this again. I really love my car...and I'm not going to part with her easy.....but when I do...I think I'll go find me a good Gen 2 in decent shape. Yes, I love the LH series sedans that much. Nothing like having power for days, style that doesn't quit, and a trunk big enough to hold a basketball team's worth of dead bodies! (not that I'll ever put dead bodies in it...but MAN thats a BIG TRUNK) I really can't wait till she's inspected and plated, so I can drive the heck outta her! (she's on a "one trip permit" people from texas know what I mean) Hopefully tuesday morning I'll have real shiney new metal plates, and a full tank of gas.

Someday I'll learn how to use a digital camera, and show you guys just how pretty my girl is.

All that, and I'm still in love with her! I honestly think I'd marry my car!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds like a real nice you've got. Would love to see pics. I know what you mean about the car. My first LH series was a 96 Eagle Vision esi. Paid $1,000 for her and after about 3 weeks started to get the dreaded tranny issues. $1500 worth of work and she was back. A year later and my son getting his license and now she needs a head. He well into the "you break you buy it" rule I set with the kids and my cars and it's his now (hopefully the head will go on this week and I can stop the taxi service). Bought my second, a 00 Intrepid about 2 weeks ago. These are great cars!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts