DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I went AWOL for a week and a half but I am back now. I tried to set up my new PC but I just can't get it to work (I think there is a jumper not set or something in the BIOS, windows 98 and 2000 both crash during setup using the same 10GB HD I am using in my old 450MHz PC right now that works), I reconnected my old PC, formatted the HD and installed Windows 2000 Professional. I am back now and soon to have 2 of my own PC's online with my 100GB HD in the 1GHz PC :D

I missed you guys :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well if you give me the MB (motherboard) manufacturer the version number (usually very top right corner v1.2 etc..) and model number I can get the specs right for the name of cpu and speed etc...that would be written on the cpu itself...ONLY if you need the help...I build computers (started my brother in his own Copm Business) after I took from the University for Computer Science here in Windsor. I still do a lot on the side for his company especially service calls and such when he and co workers are swamped...plus I have been building/programming/repairing computers for almost 15 years, So just an offer if needed.
STBEAR007

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MB is a Shuttle Spacewalker MK20/MK20N and I'm using a duron 950MHz CPU with 128MB of RAM..........I THINK the RAM is PC133 so I removed a jumper to set the FSB to 133MHz instead of 100MHz and did some other stuff but now it doesn't even allow itself to start up so windows setup can crash. Maybe I should have it set to 100MHz?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
What messages do you see when it crashes? What exactly happens? I build computers all the time and have run to many different things. Such as the computer not turning on at all, even though the power supply and motherboard work, but the motherboard having metal on metal contact with the case, stopping it from turning on, etc.

Let me know what messages appear, I'll get it running for ya.

But on one condition. Stop saying OMG! I feel like beating my head on the f'n monitor every time I see anyone say that. It reminds me of like 10 years ago in the yahoo chat rooms, every 12 year old that's hijacked his mom or dad's computer keeps spitting that phrase out with their fingertips. :) Just a friendly di.net reminder, just like asking someone NOT TO USE CAPS. :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something about IRQL error or something when installing (copying files) windows 2000 pro...........win 98 has a diff problem. Clock speed?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Avenger said:
Well, I went AWOL for a week and a half but I am back now. I tried to set up my new PC but I just can't get it to work
Yeah, a bunch of us were wondering what happened to you! We just thought you dropped off the face of the earth, but now I know that it's much worse ;)

I am sure the computer gurus on here can get you up and running in no time. It's like having a bunch of professional computer consultants work for you for free! Oh, wait, it's not LIKE that, it IS that :D

Good luck

·
9,861 Posts
Set the bus speed back to 100mhz. Reset the BIOS settings to defualt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts