DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is I just got her up and going and have started on the modswhat do you think so far.
Man what a diference from the 2.7 to the 3.5 HO motor.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
All this talk about 2.7/3.5 conversion makes me want to try and find a H.O. for Stoney and pawn off the 2.7 in there now.
Granted the 2.7 in there now has under 80k miles, and runs beautifully with synthetic oil.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
nice work. i like the tails and in roughly 2 years i might just try this swap and grab a speeding ticket or 2. enjoy the ride. it looks sweet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Nice I will be glad when I can afford to do that 2.7 to 3.5 mod.

That makes me wonder... I have been playing with the thought of switching the negines out (I rather loosely used, since I know nothing about how to do that)... so how much would this kinda project be?... I mean I could ask mechanics around here.. but I tend to not belive single word they say around here.... if anyone has some detailed info about that, I'ld appretiate it :)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
nice. I plan on doing the conversion myself, and keep my original tranny of course.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Europower, check the HOW-TO's section. There's a how to on it.

*Edit*... oops, got mixed up with this one: How-to: Convert a 2002-2004 3.5HO engine to run in a 98-2001 vehicle...

there's not really a how to on it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Congrats! I had my 2.7 replaced with a 3.2L. I see you're in Dayton, maybe I could check it out sometime!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Euro-poweR It was not all that bad I bought the Trep with a bad 2.7 so of course I got it at a good price. I bought the 3.5 complete longblock with Computer and harness for 1000.00 only has 38k on it and it cost my 700 to have it swapped. The things I did not plan on were new belts new ac compressor and a new starter along with a Power steeering hose and resivior. I also didnt plan on a new exhaustwith two new cats but all in all when I started it and on the way home felt like I was Sterring a Rocket it was all worth it. Now I truely know the performance and handling I have been missing and all i my quiet little Trep who is just waiting to be UNLEASHED. I have gotten on it a few times just playing around and well WOW is all that comes to mind. It is so hard to believe it is so fast but yet so quiet . Anyway thanks for all the comments and good reviews. I still have alot more I want to do but the bigget part is done. Oh check the for sale thread as well just listed a rear spoiler and a KENWOOD cd Player if anyone is interested. again thanks............
Oh Dafella I am in Huber anytime you want to hook up let me know and we can get together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts