DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I meet up with EvilDeadFan last week, and he brings the digicam. I've kept my mods pretty simple, because it's a great car to begin with. In all, this is what I have done:

OEM rear spoiler
35% tint of all five windows
Factory remote start
400W Clarion 2 channel amp bridged to mono
10" Clarion sub (can't remember how powerful)
low-profile box
Panasonic CQ-DF601U (courtesy of 98intrepidandrew)
Chrysler visor plaques, courtesy of DI.net
DI.net decals, not yet installed
Rear decklid badging modified (see pic)
Mopar front end cover
APC Superwhite corner bulbs
PIAA Platinum Superwhite low beam headlights
Eaglite Xenon high beams (these killed my DRL module by the way)
PIAA Platinum Superwhite fog lights (reflector removed)
PIAA Wiper Blades (carbon fiber finish)

Now on to the pics..........

In all her glory, here's my baby:

Please remember that she's Canadian:

Here's my amp (Clarion APX400-2)

Driving this sub (nothing fancy, but it works)

And here's the deck controlling it all. Oh yeah, and you can just catch a glimpse of my Oakley XX in the little storage area:

Here's the modified badging I was telling you about (moved the 3.5 badge to make room for an additional R/T)--I love this shot by the way. Flash caught it beautifully!

A quick shot of my bulbs up front:

A quick shot of my new wipers:

A shot of the plaques (these things look better in person)

A shot of my engine bay (please excuse the dirt)

And the view all of us 2nd Gen drivers share:

And finally, me and the baby:

I'll post more as I get them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How's the Panasonic CQ-DF601U treating you? Looks like something I should look into.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Smithery --

Beautiful car. While getting my '00 Intrepid serviced this AM at the dealer (damned check engine light), I noticed they had a new RT out front. Same color as yours, 3.5, etc... Price? A few bucks shy of 30 K.
Dan

·
Registered
136 Posts
What's the difference between thePanasonic CQ-DF601U and the CQ-DF602U? 601 is much cheaper on ebay, but no longer listed at panasonic.com.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Not that I'm dissing your deck or anything, but...the guy at the stereo store said that of the brands NOT (make sure you saw that NOT!) to buy for car audio, Sony is #1 and Panasonic is #2 followed by Kenwood and Pioneer...The brands to buy #1 is Alpine #2 is Clarion #3 is Rockford Fosgate, etc...

I looked into that deck but it was too pixelated for me, if I wanted something more clear it was a Pioneer Premier at about 2.5x the price :O

DBaudiopro prob knows WAY more about this than me!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Pioneer does make a good deck, not quite as good as alpine, but you pay more with alpine, if your on a budget Pioneer decks are the way to go.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Avenger said:
I looked into that deck but it was too pixelated for me, if I wanted something more clear it was a Pioneer Premier at about 2.5x the price :O
I have seen the older Pioneer headunits with the older Organic EL screens... and I must say that my 2002 model looks WAY better than the older ones. I can see why you said the older models were very pixelated... but mine is pretty sweet.

And I definitely would not say that Pioneer is a brand that someone shouldn't buy. They have been in the business for years.... yeah the SQ is not as good as Alpine... but its still an excellent deck.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by MorrowLess

What's the difference between the Panasonic CQ-DF601U and the CQ-DF602U? 601 is much cheaper on ebay, but no longer listed at panasonic.com.

The Panasonic CQ-DF602U is this year's model, with a faceplate facelift and such.

I never had a lick of problem with the deck, when I had it. It looked great in the car, and I got many compliments regarding it. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Next question....what do you mean you removed the reflectors from your fogs? I've seen it mentioned on here before but didn't quite follow.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
OK, I didn't realize that what you were talking about was THIS YEAR'S model, I looked at some last year and they were VERY PIXELATED, ummmm did you notice that Pioneer was NOT at the bottom of the list of decks NOT to buy rather it was on the top, if you'd like I can put it BELOW Rockford Fosgate on the decks to buy, same thing :D

Removing the reflectos was pretty easy and FREE, my reflectors got charbroiled after I changed my fogs to the super-plasmas, and my fogs got a lot dimmer, I think my car looks a lot better without the reflectors anyway, both from the inside and from the outside. All you have to do is unscrew the TOP screw in the foglight and remove the assembly and then use a torx to unscrew the assembly then you can use a slot screwdriver to pry the clamps apart that hold the reflector in place, that's it, pretty straightforward, if I can do it ANYONE can :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MorrowLess said:
How's the Panasonic CQ-DF601U treating you? Looks like something I should look into.
Not to slam 98intrepidandrew, but I don't like the deck, compared to the Pioneer DEH-P3300 it replaced. In order to get the display, I sacrificed too much performance wise. This deck does not have the fine controls that the P3300 had. It's an OK deck, but you can only adjust bass and treble, whereas the Pioneer had a full EQ that you could use to fine tune your sound. I also found that the Pioneer hit the bass a bit better that the Panasonic. Now my subs sounds a bit muddy IMO. That being said, it still beats the factory deck I traded to get it.

Now that I'm gainfully employed again, I'm looking to replace it. I'll probably go Pioneer again, because I have owned two of them in the past, and I tend to go with what I know. I had an Alpine in my old car, and it was the biggest POS I ever owned. Never own one again based on that experience.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Alpine POS? Please explain, PLEASE :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My last car had an Alpine in it when I bought it. During the year that I had it in the car, I replaced the dead laser pickup unit twice, and it still would not read a CD unless it was perfectly clean. I finally got fed up, and replaced it with a Pioneer I picked up for like $150Cdn. Problem went away, and I discovered a loyalty to Pioneer product.

To me, decks are like cars. It only takes one bad one to turn you off the brand. And when you've got a good thing, don't let it go. That's why I kind of regret pulling the Pioneer out, and putting the Panasonic in. The full display is a nice novelty, but it's just that. Next time around, I'll put in a Pioneer 6400 or 7400 like EDF has in his ride. Not quite ready for PiLL's 9400.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Really? You don't like the deck??? :(

I really thought it was nice. :sad:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I said in a PM to you, I think I just gave up too much for the sake of the display. It just doesn't compare to the kick I got off the Pioneer. To each his own though.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Love your car, by the way. Very nice. I'm especially fond of the color. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts