DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the trep to a muffler man here in mt. p today. Ive had a borla super turbo for over a year and never got it installed until today.

They ran new pipe from the Y and wielded everything for $80. They even made a tip for me so that it would all look stock. PLus there is no chrome on the car, to add an aftermarket tip would look silly. They also chopped off both of the end mufflers, or whatever the middle thing was.

I'll have to find a way to get a sound clip. IT'S ****ING DEEP ON START UP!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
What does it look like ??? Shape wise the muffler itself, I mean . Dimensions ?
I have a Flowmaster 80 and it sounds pretty good. Deffinitely put up a sound clip. Haven't heard a Borla on a trep before.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Borla's the ****... my buddy has Borla on his GTA w/o cats, and damn does she sound nice. plus the stainless finish doesn't hurt either!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The muffler is from the early 90's id say. There is nothing with the logo, but it is prob because it was made for Ford's SVO unit when that was around. The owner of the shop looked at the box and was amazed on how old it was. The piping is run the exact same way as the stock stuff, they mandrel bent the tube to the same design to make it look as stock as possible. They also put some silver high temp paint on all of the wields. I need a digi cam that takes video. hell i need a digi cam period.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
What's a GTA ???
It's an '88 Trans Am GTA (305, 5-spd, leather, t-tops, digital dash) he bought in '93 when we were in HS... he put the Borla on in '94 or so. He still has the car today and it's still beautiful...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts