DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last Saturday I finally got a chance to paint my calipers using the hi-temp paint. Took about 3 hours and 3 beers to do all 4. It was so fricken hot that day, each coat dried in about 15 minutes. I put 4 coats on. Man wait till you see the size difference between the front and rear calipers, the rear ones way smaller. (for obvious reasons) I wanted to post the photos along with this message but this internet crap is just to damm confusing.
Peace
Robin :confused:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Hey thats looks great robin, I did the same with my 2001 Intrepid.... My car is a brownish looking color, and I painted my brake calipers red, B/C on my Dante chrome wheels the center piece has the Dante symbol in red, so it looks really good.. I'm going to post some pic of my car when i get them back... I only put one coat on it. guess I need more coats huh!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
funny i see this post today, because i've been on the phone trying to find caliper paint kits (seen some on some net sites) but cant seem to find any, what did ya'll use? just high temp engine paint?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Looks good...one of these days I'll get around to doing it myself... :)

Man, you are right those rear calipers are alot smaller!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
When I decided to paint mine, I seen some kits but it cost more that I wanted to pay for it.... So I went to Advance Auto Parts, and bought two cans of 'Universal Red # 209 Engine Enamel paint that resists heat to 500 F. It came up to be about $6.50 usd...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
welp, I painted mine today , and I must say *SWEET* :D now I dont need to worry about the rust that kept showing up! since i now painted over those spots!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warlord, all you have top do is mask carefully around everything you don't want painted. Also put plenty of newspaper around the fenders because of overspray.
Robin

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hrumph

i did my the stupid mans way, i brushed it on, and man, i have brush strokes, guess i am gonna have to sand em smooth and add a few more coats, or spray it. they look good, but if u get close, they look like the paint was brushed on.

I was trying to avoid all the taping and such. but i guess it's the best way to go...

oh well...at least it gave me an excuse to buy a floor jack and jack stands .

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Hey thanks to all! :)

DO NOT Take the calipurs off! I took mine off to have them painted and ever since then I have lost something on my braking. Go to an arts and crafts store and get those big rolls of paper and just cover everything around with that paper and some tape.

Buschman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts