DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Looks sweet. Black cars rule when they are cleaned. My previous car before the Intrepid was black. Next car will probably be some type of racing yellow. ;)

Anyways... looks sharp. I like the debaged look in the black (and i am not a big fan of debadging in the first place). Any reason why you just debaged the back and not the sides as well? I think the Intrepid on the back makes the car... a lot more than the DODGE on the sides.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I debadged the back, it kinda screwed the paint up, and I decided not to do the doors, for fear of the same thing. I'm going to have someone professionally debadge the doors, and put some subdued R/T stickers on there...I'll get some pics when I'm done...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, ignore the bungee holding the air intake. I'm getting a custom heat shield made out of red anodized aluminum, or I might just buy one of Treptechs intakes

·
Registered
381 Posts
how the hell do you keep your engine soooo CLEEEEEEEEEEEAN!?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HeHe, lots of work....

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
VooDoo said:
BTW, ignore the bungee holding the air intake. I'm getting a custom heat shield made out of red anodized aluminum, or I might just buy one of Treptechs intakes
Voo, that is a GREAT lookin' car! The black is so darn gorgeous!

But hey, I want to know more about that intake you've got there. How's about some details, as well as the heat shield you mention...?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
crealkilla said:
how the hell do you keep your engine soooo CLEEEEEEEEEEEAN!?
I use an engine degreaser, let it stand for a while, use an old brush to get into the cracks and tight areas (of the motor!, no comments please!:rolleyes: ), then hose it off, run the motor for a few minutes and wipe off excess water with towel. Finally I spray it down with Tire Foam, giving it a shiny, new, fresh-from-the-factory look!:biggrin:

Anyways, that's how I keep her clean and happy! Makes the car look like a million bucks too! I'll bet less than 25% of all car owners never clean under the hood. It really amazes people when they look under mine and still see it shine with 85k on it!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LoL, the intake is actually fairly ghetto. It's originally from a Ford Focus, and has been cut and connected to the original air intake system. The heat shield is just going to be a simple piece of aluminum sheeting cut into an "L". Pretty simple, but I'll probably get a TrepTech intake eventually anyway...

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
VooDoo said:
LoL, the intake is actually fairly ghetto. It's originally from a Ford Focus, and has been cut and connected to the original air intake system. The heat shield is just going to be a simple piece of aluminum sheeting cut into an "L". Pretty simple, but I'll probably get a TrepTech intake eventually anyway...
Good enough Voo. I'm just watching around to see what becomes available. The Treptech thing... I get a not so "warm & fuzzy" feeling about that whole situation. I've come to a conclusion concerning that, yet I'll refrain from commenting at this time 'till more evidence becomes available. I wish K&N would hurry their ass up and get an intake created for the newer R/T's. The very situation itself of K&N taking so damn long to create a intake product for our vehicles should tell you something about the Treptech item. Who knows though. Treptech just might get lucky and create a worthwhile product, but I certainly won't be one of the guinea pigs. I'll let others take the potential kick to the groin first... :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts