·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
edited

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
wow dude that rocks, i like how clean it looks, makes me mad that i couldent wash and wax today due to rain!

nice car and what do u plan on doing with that carbon fiber if ya dont mind me asking:D

can i do that blue gauge thing with a300M cluister, make teh WHOLE thing blue:D

ALi

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well on that day my g/f was determined to get my car washed, and it was a nice day so it worked out.

The carbon fiber is just a test sample I got from a guy who worked at a company that made the race tubs for the McLaren (spelling) F1 cars...... more of just a cool toy for a carbon fiber junkie :D . My future plan is to get a c/f dash overlay...... and much much more.

If my memory serves me your 300m gauges are the all green EL gauges(where the numbers are solid black and the whole gauge glows green around the numbers and letters), if so than you have one of few options, One, find somebody who knows how to get the EL to glow blue (new inverter and/or new EL material) or I saw somewhere on di a guy took some l.e.d.s and had them pointed at the back of the EL gauges (not sure if he removed the EL material first) and that gave him a nice bright Blue effect....... but I'm not fully sure of that.
If your 300m gauges (and I doubt that they are this way) are back lit (where the numbers glow and the gauge is dark) than all you will need to do is swap out the bulbs for Hyper white bulbs. I acutaly followed the how-to in the first gen forum and it basicaly goes like this:

Take the gauges out
remove the bulbs from the gauge
gentaly pry the bulb from the white holder
replace bulb with 194 hyper white bubls (the kind were the whole glass of the bulb is blue, not just the part around where the filiment is)
reinstall and check for bad connections

or Go Here

Keep the comments coming...........

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
intrepid1994 said:
but she has a GM time to change her around to our world

oh yea the car is nice and i voted for it take a look at mine at cardomain
intrepid1994 :groupgrin

Ehh I'd rather it than most other cars she could own. She has admited that if she had to get a 4-door it'd be a Trepid :D so I've already got her converted.

Thanks for the vote, I wouldn't say my car has much going for it but it's nice to get voted :D

I love your page, tho I am always pained by wrecked cars but it's good to see it got rebuilt :bigcrowd:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lol, you guys, of course I'm already a convert. Funny thing is, I don't even think of my Saturn as a typical GM. Saturn is run like an import company (owned by the people that work there, as opposed to other GM companies) and my Saturn is solid as can be.

And yes, I drove his car the other day and loved it. :icon_cool we are working on an intake for my car and I had to run out and get dremel cutting disks and conned him into letting me drive his car. It's nice, it's peppy, and if I had the money, I'd get one in addition to my Saturn. :thumbsup: And being one who has had continuous trouble with my brakes, those cross drilled and slotted rotors felt really nice. (sigh) if only I had money to get some for myself. =P

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Ok...I'm really slow, or just missed it somewhere...Finally figured out who the G/F is! lol! DOH!

The Trep looks good! Kinda reminds me of mine for some odd reason! :biggrin: Your pic reminded me of something I still need to do on my car...cut out my intake heatshield!! Hey, maybe we can meet up sometime and I can use yours to trace out a template?! :) I'm likin' the driving lights too. I've thought about throwing some on mine in that same location....Maybe now I'll have to do it. One can never have too much light! Mine really needs to be repainted, but I don't think I'll get to that for awhile...one reason I threw on a full nose bra. I HAD to cover up all the pits! I also had a truck or something back into my back bumper cover last month and spider-webbed all the crappy paint that was done before I bought the car. Good thing I got a good price on it when I bought it! :biggrin:

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only guy around here without dark tinted glass! lol!

Let me know about the heatshield thing! I need to get that done! Laterz!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fogs (cause they are yellow :p) were one of the first mods I did the car and it's cause I love the added yellow glow plus it's my version of drls.

I was thinking of trying to organize a SLC meet but I dunno how many slc people there are here. I was figuring of just meeting up at some local resturant (spelling) or like a wal-mart but I'd not planed anything for sure. I'm willing to let you copy my heat shield, be a good excuse to get it out and fix the lil rubber seal things that are all twisted about. Tho I need to get some screws to afix the plate back to the bracket so I guess wal-mart would work :p

Yea I haven't had tint on my 2 vehicles that I've owned/used..... kinda wish I had some on some days but it's not enough to get some.
I am gonna have to buff my car down (and get the bumpers fixed) cause I too have a lot of lil damage that needs repairs (most my brothers doing :mad: ) but I've also wanted to get an ES/RT front bumper to get the more cop look going.

well if you wanna make true in stone plans send me a pm and we can arrange things better :p

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's my NOS YO!!!!! :all_cohol

Sorry had ta do it, it's the switch to turn on and off my fogs. It used to have a aluminum wrapped l.e.d. flip switch, but being that the leads for the l.e.d.'s are not to flexible it snapped (like every one of it's type does). I actualy planned to use that flip switch for my strobes........ but that's for another day, another mod idea.

And (not to sound like a snob about it) I didn't copy Caffinated Soap, good minds just think alike :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts