DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
roads were greasy today, i stopped for a light looked in my passenger mirror and saw a van sliding sideways. Just bumped me... 70 yr old lady.. hell i was even sliding.... got worried, cops called (but didnt come) insurance called.. im covered.. tho they said they would pay for it (no matter what the cost). No damage to her van, only crushed my rollpan and broke the side piece holding it together... I did let her know these were custom pieces, she thought her son at the auto shop could fix it... i dont want that. Onto the pics

see.. she just slid into me
no damage to her van

plate hit me

ordered the parts, from stylintrucks and suicidedoors.com. why 2? well the parts are basically discontinued. SOO, had to get the stepshaver kit from stylin, but i like the smooth pan, which they dont have. Suicide had the pan but no side pieces... so.. im gonna put them together.

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
removed pic of her van for confidential reasons

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
That sucks, but at least you're ok and you're not at fault. Hopefully your insurance doesn't go up, that's what I would be worried about at your age right now.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
down here, if the truck was equiped with a bumper , from the factory, and it was removed for that custom look,, sorry Insurance wont pay, weird huh?
if you get the person who slid into you to pay, go for it, your insurance wont go up, and heck, you may pocket a few bucks
hows your back feeling?

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shes paying every dime... thankfully her son works for a shop here.. and knows the cost of these parts... adn doesnt mind paying up

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tehy are paying extra for my gas money to get the parts in teh states.... nice eh? called insurance.. im coverd.. it wont go up.. my back is fine.. seriosuly.. go out.. just throw ur weight into ur car... thats how much she pushed

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
down here, if the truck was equiped with a bumper , from the factory, and it was removed for that custom look,, sorry Insurance wont pay, weird huh?
if you get the person who slid into you to pay, go for it, your insurance wont go up, and heck, you may pocket a few bucks
hows your back feeling?
State Farm tried to raise my rates even though it was not my fault and they did not have to pay...... basturds....... I threatened to leave their sorry ass company if they raised my rates so they backed off......
All the promises in the world are worthless if they don't pay. Let your insurance company handle it.
word...... see this senario way to many times go south, and the victim got shafted.

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well... the case is closed for now.. if tehy dont pay.. we are able to reopen teh case because i have her info, she has mine and i have the pictures

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thought id let you all know got my money, getting parts next weekned, and a tailgate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts