DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first question, whats the best part about intrepids? (features that make them better)

and number 2 Whats a good website for aftermarket parts? (gauges, body kits, headlight covers, tail lights)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Phyte said:
ok first question, whats the best part about intrepids? (features that make them better)
The sheer amount of features per $. Very good value. A lot of little things that set this car above most other cars. Ex: Turn the key to start the car, and once the car starts.....keep holding the key (starter will disengage automatically). Turn the key once it's running......starter will not engage. Hit the power lock switch with the key in the ignition, won't lock. Leave the lights on, and the car will cut the power so you don't drain the battery. Key dance to find codes instead of requiring a code reader. Available computer encoded key system for theft deterency. Plug and play upgrades available from higher model cars (300M's, LHS', Concordes). Sporty aerodynamic rocket ship looks accompanied with excellent handling (well the OEM tires do suck a bit) and power.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Phyte said:
Whats a good website for aftermarket parts? (gauges, body kits, headlight covers, tail lights)
What aftermarket parts? LOL If you want to buy a bunch of aftermarket parts like that, then you don't want an intrepid. There is very little aftermarket for our cars and alot of us have had to make our own stuff.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Ya no real aftermarket parts. I like the trep the way it is. Ebay has gauges and such for the trep as well.

Blue bulbs are also compatible. Body kits are all custom but thats the case with almost any car.

OVerall i would say its a good buy and they are reliable vehicles if serviced on time.

Having to make ur own custom parts is probably the best part... HEHE No ricer options available... Thank GOD.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Roomiest car Ive ever been in, always get comments on how much leg room there is in the front and back seat. Huge Trunk for a mid-size car. Its a great all around car, kinda sporty, kinda luxury, kinda familiesh, A little bit of everything. (most chicks dig em) Only one girl I know called it a grandma car but she said she thought that because it had four doors. I woulda smoked her two-door alero. For some reason she thought two-door cars are faster (she must be a born Ricer if having less doors gives you HP)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Seriously though, I absolutely love my 01 ES. It's fully loaded.. leather seats, climate control, moonroof, electric seats, back seat climate control, fold-down back seats, HUGE trunk, steering wheel audio controls... even the stock audio system was very nice. I can't think of a thing that I don't like about it, and it STILL has more options than a lot of cars today do.

Problems:
- badges come off or look like crap
- some people have problems w/the door moldings
- light flash on and off for no reason
- some people experience tranny probs around 50-60k miles.
- hard to work on

Other than that I absolutely love it, and I can't think of a car on the market that's even under 35k that I'd rather have.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Phyte said:

and number 2 Whats a good website for aftermarket parts? (gauges, body kits, headlight covers, tail lights)
To me the Intrepid and 300 are the only full sized cars (not midsized, we're not talking about Malibu MAXX here) that have the same genuinely sporty styling and handling of smaller cars without looking like posers. Other fairly large cars (i.e. Pontiacs for one) are awash in scoops and scallops and ridges and stuff that just looks kinda silly. The only other full sized cars i.e. Buick Roadmaster / Ford Crown Vic etc. kinda look like huge caskets with tires under them.

As for aftermarket parts, I'm a purist. I like my Intrepid the way it came. I might add a few factory options that are missing, eventually, but body kits, huge wheels, and all that other stuff sometimes get overdone to where it looks tacky. You have to be careful or else you come off looking like someone driving an oversized Jap ricer box. Understatement is always way cooler.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Indiana Intrep said:
To me the Intrepid and 300 are the only full sized cars (not midsized, we're not talking about Malibu MAXX here) that have the same genuinely sporty styling and handling of smaller cars without looking like posers. Other fairly large cars (i.e. Pontiacs for one) are awash in scoops and scallops and ridges and stuff that just looks kinda silly. The only other full sized cars i.e. Buick Roadmaster / Ford Crown Vic etc. kinda look like huge caskets with tires under them.

As for aftermarket parts, I'm a purist. I like my Intrepid the way it came. I might add a few factory options that are missing, eventually, but body kits, huge wheels, and all that other stuff sometimes get overdone to where it looks tacky. You have to be careful or else you come off looking like someone driving an oversized Jap ricer box. Understatement is always way cooler.
I like the way you think, Indiana!

I'd give you more rep, but I'm all repped out for now.

Maybe later.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
531 Posts
Vertigo_AK47 said:
Only one girl I know called it a grandma car but she said she thought that because it had four doors. I woulda smoked her two-door alero. For some reason she thought two-door cars are faster (she must be a born Ricer if having less doors gives you HP)
Grandma car?! Anyone can drive an Intrepid of course but I think they are more 'guy' cars by far. I think some people are afraid they will have to drive the car based on the way it looks, which lets grandmas out of the Intrepid and into a big Mercury or something equally bland. Grandmas (and God bless 'em, we love 'em) are usually more comfortable driving cars where the front seat looks like a padded vinyl park bench and the aerodynamics are comparable to those of a china cabinet. Grandmas don't like driving a car that big when they can't see the four corners of it from the driver's seat.

Thanks for all the birthday cards and money Grandma, thanks for the cookies and the trips to the zoo and everything else, I know you won't be driving an Intrepid.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
They are good looking cars with lots of features that can be bought very cheaply. Stay away from the nightmare 2.7 and put some money in the bank for repairs(they are not the most reliable car. Most domestic cars in that time were the same. Thats why they sell so cheaply). Problem areas are Transmissions, A/C system,Power window parts. I is one of the better domestic cars that you can buy used other than the 2.7 and the Ultradrive transmission.

A Honda or Toyota from that time will cost 2X as much but will be much more reliable and much harder to find.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
spaz_boy31 said:
I think you guys should check this out, since you were on the subject of ricers there for a minute. Its quite hilarious, yet true

http://forums.automotive.com/community/70/13714/by-manufacturer/honda/you-might-be-a-ricer-if/index.html
You think a deep farty noise = the sound of high performance

If you think that 180 horsepower and 185 lb/ft of torque are impressive for a ‘mildly’ modified engine.

If you equate the sound of performance with the sound of a Weed Eater™

Clear tail lights and turn signals. They’re colored for a REASON!

You claim you lost the race because you had a passenger in the car.
You claim how if you went from a roll you would have beat him.
You claim you lost because you missed a shift... and your car is an automatic.
You claim you lost because he must have been on the juice..

Hilarious, this guys a modern day Rembrandt! :grlaugh:

Cheers

BJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts