DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hmmm I guess I needa read the thread again (been a few months since I last read the whole thing) I may end up beating you to doing it if I can get the radio and teach myself to solder a little better.

Another question, do you know if you can change the colors of the display and buttons/light on it to blue (I think the display would be the hardest, and I know you could mod it in the 2nd gen OTIS thingy)

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No idea about the display - I would think you'd have to find a display of the right color to begin with. The other colors on that radio are just plastic/rubber/silicone caps that slip over the bulbs.

I seem to remember there are two different display colors for that model of radio - but they are for different vehicles and the face plate doesn't have the right tabs. you have to be creative in changing the face plate, but it can be done.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well I really want it to be blue since that is the color scheme I'm going for.... I'll see what all can be done. do you know what the other color was for it?

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sounds good - I've had this on hold while looking into what I'm going to do for a head unit - for a while I was planning on installing some sort of NAV head unit - but the more I think about it, the less I want to. I need to service my head unit anyway, looking at a parts unit and will also post my progress.

Do let me know how this goes.

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I plan on installing a set of USB ports as well - NOT for data (at least right now) but for power supply. I have a laptop USB/headphone board from a Toshiba I plan on adapting and using.

·
Registered
763 Posts
thats what i'm thinking...using all original parts as much as i can i found alot of hacked wiring kits and diagrams for inputs and what not so hopefully this project goes good

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
I may also give this a whirl. I still have the old AM/FM/Cassette that was in my car when I got it. The only problem I have is that I do have any Audio/USB Boards. I have been in that stereo a few times trying to get the replacement tape deck working (It is working great once I got all the wires connected), so I can get to the parts easy :D

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I may also give this a whirl. I still have the old AM/FM/Cassette that was in my car when I got it. The only problem I have is that I do have any Audio/USB Boards. I have been in that stereo a few times trying to get the replacement tape deck working (It is working great once I got all the wires connected), so I can get to the parts easy :D
The mod is a little easier on the units that don't have a CD player in them.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts