DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
ok hows this mod...i was thinking about it really hard and if i can keep the original deck in its place but....the tape deck and the cd deck will not be usable "kind of" and just route the input lines from the cd lines turning the whole deck into an actual iphone-ipod-mp3 player would that just ruin the whole idea?

·
Registered
763 Posts
i traced the original pins from this...and led ti the long chip which on the long chip there are 7 input/output common ports and doesn't describe what is what...ACDEFGI which PI O is port 10.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
ok hows this mod...i was thinking about it really hard and if i can keep the original deck in its place but....the tape deck and the cd deck will not be usable "kind of" and just route the input lines from the cd lines turning the whole deck into an actual iphone-ipod-mp3 player would that just ruin the whole idea?
If you're going this route, I'd just mount the face plate there, and re-gut the thing with your own device inputs - or go find yourself an AM/FM only head unit for the 'stock look' and mod from there - honestly, that goes beyond what I wanted to do with the mod. To me, that ruins the idea.

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
i traced the original pins from this...and led ti the long chip which on the long chip there are 7 input/output common ports and doesn't describe what is what...ACDEFGI which PI O is port 10.
um, wha?

·
Registered
763 Posts
k just to keep it simple and plain what do u think about just making the whole deck just an mp3 player....i can just tap into the cd pinout traces and just have it read like cd through the whole deck and have the deck just use itself to have sound to the car

·
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Well, that's the idea of tapping in at the FM point - who cares what the rest of the stereo is doing, set the stereo to FM, and plug in the audio-in that you want. You can do it at tape (and fool the tape deck), you can do it at CD and just not allow CD audio to pass, or you can do it at FM and not let audio pass. That's the whole idea of any of these mods.

The other thing you could do is run all aftermarket amplifiers, and remove the factory head unit all together - make it a storage pod or something.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts