DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mixed reviews after taking the car out on the highway for a one hour trip. The good news is the computer showed an avg of 34 mpg or 6.9 L per 100 km. The bad news is a noticeable vibration that came and went at random. The vibration caused shaking in the legs and the steering wheel. Any opinions? I'm thinking it's either the tires due to the 200 000 kms logged or maybe the rotors. They both look fine. :confused:

Other minor problems include intermittent remote unlock (probably needs new battery). That's about it though.

Anybody know if the CD player package automatically came with a CD-changer? We have the infinity system with CD player but no CD-changer, unless I just haven't found it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The CD changer is located just below the radio. It fills the open slot. Hard to miss. Has 4 yellow lights and the changer is almost as large as the radio itself. You may have a system with the single CD player incorporated into the radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Danny. I guess I don't have a CD-changer :(. What the heck are you talking about in reference to the seedy 2 lane highways around here :)?

Ottowrkr, I am also employed under the Daimler-Chrysler umbrella. Do we get major discounts on autoparts? I read that we get Chrysler published dealer wholesale prices for parts. Is that a significant savings or are we talking 10% off or something like that?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Reasons for vibrations could be many thnigs...when is the lst time the tires were balanced? That is usually the problem with vibration while driving...vibration while braking is usually caused by warped rotors, but since you said it happened on the freeway (or seedy 2 laner :) )

I'd have the wheels rotated and balanced..if they are showing alot of tread loss, you might want to replace the the tires.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Other than the 4-series highways, all of our wonderful Ontario 2 lane flatops are seedy.
I have been on the ones in your area..sort of...Goderich, Stratford and so on. Here in E. Ontario, ours are killer highways ie 17 west, hwy 7 and so forth. LOL

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
When I am braking at high speeds, I also get a vibation, expecially in the steering wheel. I've had my brakes replaced and rotors checked and no problems were found.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had the same problem with my 98 ES. After a while it went away a little. Finally after I got my tires rotated and balanced I found out that the balance was way out on them. From that point on she shaking in my steering weel totally went away. I only noticed that problem at highway speeds. You might want to get that checked out.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think we get around 15% off dealer parts ,hey every little bit help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took it out again, set the cruise at 120 km/h to make sure it wasn't affected by changing speeds. The vibration came and went at random. If it were a wheel balance problem wouldn't the vibration be constant? I'll take it in to get the wheels rotated and balanced anyway. Thanks for your tips guys.

·
Registered
558 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the vibration will only occur at certain speeds. Usually, it will choose its own desired speed at vibrate when the car reaches in and around that speed.
If its the steering wheel vibrating, its one of the front tires. If its the car, its the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts