DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As cliche as it sounds, the title speaks for itself. I've had a few Asian motorcycles and cars and one Chevy. The Intrepid is my first Dodge however. Loved the Journey my mom has and when I saw the Intrepid for such a low price, had to get it! Now, considering it was so low, I held very little regards for it until I took it out for a test. Sure, there's a few things wrong but nothing that I can think of that would be too unsettling -- unless I'm dearly mistaking.

The idling sometimes feels off whether in motion or not. Almost think it's the timing but Im not too sure as I've never had to deal with that particular issue. It could be the fuel filter, lifters, or something else. Other than that, there's nothing really wrong. Sure, the pain is peeling off like a cheap gloss coat from Wally's (if they even did that). I'm quite happy though for the price of what I paid and got. AC/heat works great, has an aftermarket radio, one speaker is going out (who cares), cloth interior is nice and no rips/tears, and no car jack.. another "I can get one at a local auto store" thing. For $560, I think I got a pretty decent vehicle.

I hope you will help me with any problems and glad to be in the community! :)

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Welcome!

Year and trim (SE, ES, or other) and engine (can't always go by SE/ES). Spill . . . :)
Maybe add to your profile info. or sig. so we don't have to ask for future threads.

Re: idle, could be a few things: throttle body needs cleaning, needs new spark plugs, water/trash in fuel, etc. Can provide more info. once we know what you got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts