DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend drives a 1997 Honda Prelude SH 5-speed, decided to race him even though I was afraid. He has cold air intake and low restriction exhaust on his car. From a stop I was side by side with him till he had to shift into 2nd, then I got 1/2 a car length on him, we slowed down at 100km/h. I couldn't believe it (and he's a really good stick driver). As for highway acceleration race, I picked the WRONG gear DAMNIT!!! I think 2nd gear is the way to go, not third. I lost by a car length or so from 100km/h to 200 km/h approx., still I'm in amazement that my car can compete with his (I was bingo fuel but I don't think that counts). Anyway, my car has 750km on the dial in about 8 days, almost all city driving =). My car doesn't even seem very fast to me, I think it's because it drives soooooo smooth.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Good kill. I know all about being in the wrong gear when racing. I lost to a VW Golf (had to be a GTI) because I was in fourth when I should have dropped into third at about 80mph. Damn gears!!! :)

About being low on fuel, that would help. Since you have less gas, your car weighs less.

Good kill though! :D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Nice kill. Ive said it before, i need an R/T! :D .....even a new(er) ES would be nice :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts