DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, newbie member here from northern virginia.

my first car was a 1969 Dodge Coronet station wagon, a hand-me-down from my parents, that I loved ... took me all over the West Coast. Had the super-assisted power steering (no road feel whatsoever) and super-sensitive power brakes (all drums) that would lock up if you breathed on them. Plus I used to buy retread bias-ply tires to save money -- those newfangled radials hadn't arrived yet except on forrin' cars.

Anyway, I don't know why it's taken me this long to get another Mopar, but I LOVE my Intrepid (2002, 2.7 engine, one owner, less than 90k (verified) miles).

The handling is MUCH better than other big cars I've driven (or medium-size Toyotas, for that matter). Also love the timing chain (instead of belt) and longitudinal engine (much easier to work on). Not the fastest car I've ever driven, but quite adequate. And the gadgetry level is perfect -- everything I need, but no automatic climate control to break down or chimes to nag me about low washer fluid, etc.

looking forward to getting to know others on this forum.

regards to all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
north carolina is the reason that I'm an Intrepid owner. Was driving back to DC suburbs after visiting my daughters at UNC and the tranny on my 1997 Olds Aurora decided to call it quits on a Sunday night. Limped to a gas station south of Richmond, took Uber back home, and started car shopping the next day ...

·
Woober Goobers!
49,851 Posts
Welcome to the Mopar Club!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts