DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lwet me start off by telling you my car is slow..real slow..but anyways

i went to rockingham North carolina to the battle of the imports show..

entered the fun runs and put in a 35 shot...

i went down the quarter mile and got a 16.7...very dissapointed

i went down one more time and got a 16.7 again

I didnt feel the nitrous kick in..actually id didnt feel anything..it all felt the same

so i go ahead and put in a 50 shot...i go down the quarter mile and run a 16.5
and i still didnt feel it kick in but i guess its working

but im still pissed because i didnt feel it and it all felt the same...

so this time for shits and giggles i go down with no nitrous at all..i ran a 16.9

so i run a few more times with the nitrous and my best run was a 16.4

then i started to run out of nitrous and i ran 16.9's and actually one 17

REMEMBER...i have heavy ass 20" rims and its a 3.2..i should be running 16 even stock but i know those 20's weigh me down a lot...

so if i put my stocks on and shoot the nitrous i might maybe be in the high 15's

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
I didnt feel the nitrous kick in..actually id didnt feel anything..it all felt the same

You are living proof that a few tenths is hard to feel. I laugh when I read about how members claim to feel the difference in power from one brand of spark plug to the next or how they can feel the power from a few points in octane rating.
:bgtup:

Onto your car. Power is more related to mph through the traps than et.
You should be running about 87-89mph with a 3.2 and stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea see i was running 86mph...so the 20's were slowing me down bad

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Need a bigger shot of nitrous :grinyes:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
wow im did really bad i was doing 82 mph at 17s and have factory rims and i have a heavy stereo system in my ride. also exhaust and cai....
edit i have a 2000 es 3.2

·
Banned
439 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
REMEMBER...i have heavy ass 20" rims and its a 3.2..i should be running 16 even stock but i know those 20's weigh me down a lot...

so if i put my stocks on and shoot the nitrous i might maybe be in the high 15's
err.... try 16.5 for a stock 3.2... 16.0 is R/T territory

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Derek, we should run anywhere from very high 15's to low 16's... our cars have the better gearing but our rims weigh ALOT more then stock rims, and the cars weight in general is more... When I go to the track, My sub is coming out! that sucker weighs about 80 lbs. LOL

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Stock ES 3.2L should run around 16.5 - 16.6 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Rims make a HUGE difference.... Buy some super cheap aluminum 16s or 15s(whichever size u had stock)... then put your stock tires on them and make another run.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bought it from romeo....look up compucar nitrous...its easy as hell to install..look into it

·
Registered
168 Posts
Glad you had fun but I am suprised to hear that you really couldn't feel the nitrous I had a 50 shot on my 1 st generation nad you surely knew when you hit the button.

·
Registered
476 Posts
gary680 said:
err.... try 16.5 for a stock 3.2... 16.0 is R/T territory
unless you're me :)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
jfsram said:
You are living proof that a few tenths is hard to feel. I laugh when I read about how members claim to feel the difference in power from one brand of spark plug to the next or how they can feel the power from a few points in octane rating.
First of all let me say that I GENERALLY agree with you. I believe, however that I can tell. I have probably 900 1/4 mile passes with my car and I swear I can tell you in the first 60' if it launched fat (slow) or hard (fast). I will usually dial as though it will be fat. If it feels fat I run it out the back door. If it launches hard I know I will have to be on the brakes. I believe I am about 95% accurate in reading this in the first 60'. The difference between "fat" and "hard" is between 5-8 hundreths.

BTW 14.67 with NO JUICE!

Beat that.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Yes DScruggs, I'll say a tenth coming from the 60' is pretty easy to feel. You are feeling torque and/or traction. A tenth improvement or loss is also significant in the 60.

What I really meant was, if you found 5 horsepower from cold air intake. Your 60 was the same, 1/8 same but your 1000' and mph improved. That would be hard to feel.

I have an example to back up your reply.
I ran my Thunderbird and had a fist full of 15.70's to 15.90's slips. Experimenting with different things.
My last run would be a full on brake and wide open throttle launch.
I had a feeling it was a good launch when all the junk fell out of the cubby hole in the dash. My sixty dropped a tenth and my et was a 15.50.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts