DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up this is my first post here but neway..

i have a 97' trep sport and i was installing my new 6X9s and we had to tear apart the back part of the back seat off to get the carpeting of the speakers off, well anyway, we installed the speakers, and now im having problems getting the back seat latched back to the back of the car, i can hook the left notch, but i cannot seem to get the middle notch or right notch to get in..

Any ideas?

-Matt

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
get a person or two to help you. you have to install all 3 latches at the same time or else it won't work. i ran into the exact same problem.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I did mine myself. It took a little while, but with some "creative prying" and pushing on the seat I got it back into place.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Same here. Didn't take me all that long either.

Just be patient!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Take off the bottom of the back seat, there is a bolt right under it. Its pretty easy to access. That will make it an easier.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I replaced my 6x9's with my friend. We had to bend the carpet piece almost in half to get it back in, what a time, took us 2 hours to put 6x9's in and about an hour to put the whole system in, e.g running all the wires from the deck and battery tothe back in the trunk. ahh well, good luck

·
Registered
890 Posts
Its really easy i did it by my self like almost 3 times allready. while you try to hook all three of them push leather top part and then pull it down. All of them will hook:biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the help.. i got a buddy to help me on both sides and it just kinda poped into place.. too bad the speakers sound like crap :rolleyes:

·
Banned
439 Posts
I bent my 3 hooks a little bit to make it easier to slide on...I had the same problem though with the speakers sounding like crap. Cheap Pioneers that got distorted from subs in trunk...I eventually just took them out and now I dont even have any 6x9's....once it warms up I'm going to mod the reat seat so the fold down arm rest will open up to the trunk to allow more bass from subs to come through:bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
you don't have rear 6x9's?!? that is where most of my sound comes from.... :p ah well. good luck

·
Banned
439 Posts
With two 12" subs you can't even hear ANY mids and lows coming from the rear at all. The only thing I would want them for is songs with absolutely no bass at all. Plus they were distorted from the pressure in the trunk. Put it this way, it sounds better without than it did with the 6x9's

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am getting ready to upgrade my 6x9s and I'm petrified after reading this post! Hahaha. I remember I had some trouble with mine the last time also. The back seat is a real pain-

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
gary680 said:
I eventually just took them out and now I dont even have any 6x9's....once it warms up I'm going to mod the reat seat so the fold down arm rest will open up to the trunk to allow more bass from subs to come through
I know what you mean about not even hearing the 6x9s. Once I get the Trep fixed I am gonna take them out and put ports in their place to let more bass in. I will install some type of tweeter there too so the people in the back can hear the words. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts