DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Well, I did go from a 1G to a 2G, but neither were Intrepids...

I had a 95' Concorde for a little more than 5 years:

It had basically every option Except for Leather, OTIS, and the Infinity System. I had added the OTIS to it later...

I replaced it with the LHS 2 years ago.
Options I have on the LHS that i didn't on the Concorde:
VTSS
Sentry Key
Sunroof
Heated Seats
Memory
Steering wheel controls
Leather
I'm sure there's more i can't remember, and most of that list just isn't availible to the 1G's

The one and only thing i don't like about the 2G is the absence of Semi-Automatic mode on the ATC. Thats it.

What i do like is just about everything else. More power, Better handling, more reliable....

The 2G Trans is stronger - I went through 3 trannies in the 1G

The 2G front suspension is stronger - I replaced all of the suspension components on the 1G about 2 years before i sold it. When i sold it the Rack bushings were shot again and needed to be replaced.

The 2G is more comfortable to drive than the 1G was. Things are layed out a little bit better.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Gone from 94 cord -04 cord

Dislikes i miss the firmer steering of the ist gen.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Had a 1995 Intrepid ES, traded that in and got a 2002 300M Special..
The Intrepid was nice, but as stated above, the transmission was weak, the suspension wore out often...etc
I love everything about my 300M, the way it drives, looks, handles, everything!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I didn't really switch but I have driven my dad's 98 Concorde vs. my 94 Concorde and our 97 Intrepid. I prefer the first gens, although I haven't driven a second gen Intrepid. As for the second gen Concorde, I don't really like the small rear window or the lack of get up and go on the low end of the 2.7, I also don't like the fact of the headlight seals shrinking on the Concordes. Also, I don't think the bumpers are as flexible as the first gens. Dad recently hit a coon with his concorde and it crakced the bumper cover and busted out some of the lower grill, most of the banged up first gens only have dents in the bumpers, no cracks. Another thing is some of the stuff on the second gens seems like it is cheaply made compared to the first gens, such as the headlight switch and the steering column cover, the hood latch is pretty shitty on the second gens too. Dad and I have had trouble with the one on his 98 Concorde binding up making it bend instead of releasing the hood.

The good part is the 2.7 does have great top end acceleration at WOT. As said before, the transmissions are a bit more forgiving than the first gens. I do like the steering wheel layout better than my first gen. The second gens do have a quieter ride because of more sound insulation. I also like the fact of the EVIC with the second gens. I'm also hoping the paint is better than the first gens, cause my roof is fading pretty bad on my 94 Concorde.

I can't say much about the suspensions, cause my 94 Concorde and dad's 98 Concorde are both clunking in the front end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts