DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, The engine on my R/T is GONE... and I found an engine with 54K KM's on it for 1070$... it is from a 2002 concorde, The mechanic at the garage told me I need to change wires to make it fit... will it be a direct fit or is he right ?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
02 3.5 is an 02 3.5. about the only thing i can see different is if the cord wasent an HO motor, you would have to change the plemun and the wiring or vacuum line for that.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have to give up on that engine because it's 700km's away. I found one for ~1100$ with 100K km's and 1year/20K km's warranty but the thing is I want one with a lot less km's than 100k....

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me...only 100,000kms....that's nothing, plus you get the warranty. Think of all the money you'll save on fuel.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't really get it, but anyway, I'm not sure if it's a 3.5 or a 3.5HO. If it is a 3.5 I will put my current plenum on the thing... I want an R/T... :D

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
That sucks that the engine died...Wasn't a good deal after all....was it? I hate when that happens.....Try to find a 300M Special engine (2002-2004) Do you have a truck to go get it if it's somewhat far??? Maybe TFC could find you a good deal. Anyways, good luck man!!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks that the engine died...Wasn't a good deal after all....was it? I hate when that happens.....Try to find a 300M Special engine (2002-2004) Do you have a truck to go get it if it's somewhat far??? Maybe TFC could find you a good deal. Anyways, good luck man!!
Actually I talked to TFC earlier, and he does have a great deal for me... 2003 300M special engine with 40 000 miles on it. Now I'm trying to find a way to get the car there. Will let you guys know what's happening.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, I don't... that's what's getting in the way of Ross' offer...my mechanic just found an engine for me ... 80K km's for 1800$ installed and 3 month warranty...I would rather get Ross' deal (52K km's) but it costs 800-1000$ more..

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Actually, I don't... that's what's getting in the way of Ross' offer...my mechanic just found an engine for me ... 80K km's for 1800$ installed and 3 month warranty...I would rather get Ross' deal (52K km's) but it costs 800-1000$ more..
Ok.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
hmm 27,000 kms for $1000.00? is that Ross installing it? I guess you have to weigh out the inconvenience factor too...cars at the mechanics already, and you're home, rather than taking a few days off to travel and transport costs....tough call.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This morning I went to the mechanic and for ~2K he will do the following :

80,000 KM engine 3.5(not sure if its a HO) & installation, 3 month warranty, if the engine is not good in these 3 months, He will get me another engine and change it for free...
Timing belt
Water pump
New Oil
New Coolant
New Trans Fluid

I will also keep my ex-current 3.5HO engine.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
That sounds like a great deal, especially since you keep your old engine. I'm sure there's lots of people around that would buy and rebuild it.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm thinking of having a little fun trying to fix it my own... Then I would put it in my 2000 base model and have 2 3.5 intrepids. The base model with the knocking engine is in my garage and the engine is half open since I never finished it because I got the R/T while working on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts