DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic links (i guess thats what you would call them) on the floor shifter are not working properly. Whenever you shift into certain gears, there is a hole in the chain and you can see right down. You sometimes can't even get into L or 3...

I took it apart, and pulled apart the stuck links (almost broke a fingernail)..and it seemed to be working fine. The next day I drove, it was messed up again. Any idea and how I can fix this...do I need to replace the entire part of the console, or can the part which contains the plastic links be replaced? Or, if somehow I get lucky, is there a different way to try to fix this? Thanks in advance, I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
if i am not mistaken, you can change that out for the leather one to replace it, but, i maybe incorrect.

then you can call it a mod ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where could I find the replacement part? Does the entire console piece need to be changed, or is the part that is just for the shifter pop out of the console piece and be replaced?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That or if you can operate a sewing machine you can make one very easy. I made my first one from an 99 bezel simular to yours. but later found a replacement one. 35 dollars isn't too bad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
psirix said:
The plastic links (i guess thats what you would call them) on the floor shifter are not working properly. Whenever you shift into certain gears, there is a hole in the chain and you can see right down. You sometimes can't even get into L or 3...

I took it apart, and pulled apart the stuck links (almost broke a fingernail)..and it seemed to be working fine. The next day I drove, it was messed up again. Any idea and how I can fix this...do I need to replace the entire part of the console, or can the part which contains the plastic links be replaced? Or, if somehow I get lucky, is there a different way to try to fix this? Thanks in advance, I appreciate your input.
I know I am raising this one from the dead but mine is also like this. I was wondering what you did end up doing to fix the situation? thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts