DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.. here it is... I think Vetrans Day Weekend is going to be the best for everyone (except for Keith - sorry bud, we'll all chill another time!)

Saturday November 11 - we can meet at Daytona USA, go there if everyone wants to, probably get some good pics at the speedway, probably find somewhere decent to grab some lunch around there. Then afterwards a cruise down A1A or the beach itself? I'm sure there are lots of thigns to do in the vicinity of the speedway. It has been a long time since I've been over there though.

Anyway... so far the people I have that would want to go as:

1) LTrain01RT (East Orlando/UCF, FL)
2) Intrep_ED (Orange City, FL)
3) aurbis (St. Pete, FL)
4) ARFIRST (Miami, FL)
5) Dodgaholic (Clearwater, FL)
6) PP6000V2 (Oveido, FL)
7) griffinb911 (Fayetville, NC)

Reply to this thread if you are interested and I'll add you to the list!

·
Registered
19,541 Posts
Sounds good to me. Just let me know when in advance and I'll be there...(Daytona or North/central FL) Or if we can get enough together, I'd consider ridin' up to GA, though I was gonna wait till Braggin Rights 07 for that Trip. I think thats gonna be around June...Keith?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Well, it seems like Orlando is fairly central for everyone so far. Ed's up by J'ville, Im over here on the gulf coast, AR probably has the longest run, after Ed, and if you are still in school, you are already there. Lots of places there, like the Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, House of Blues. The last two are in downtown disney, and so there would be some other stuff to do. I could see getting together with a few of you freaks for some beers. Hell yeah.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Hey depending on the timeframe and the location I would love to ride down and hang out with a few FL Trep owners.

Also may want to give a shout out to some of the SC Trep owners. 01Intrepid might be interested as well as 04IntrepidSXT and 95Trep3.3 live right close to I-95.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I don't know fellas. Mapquest says 6 hours, 380 miles and G-earth says 8 hours 380 miles. That's a long trip for a non-event related meet. Not to mention the wife is hatin' because the family didn't take a vacation this year but I have gone to 2 meets :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
ltrain01rt said:
Hahah, sorry about that. Forgot how to count.

And to answer your question Keith, would Vetrans Day Weekend work with everyone (November 11/12). We can pick one of those days, or have a two day deal if everyone wants.

Also, I really think it'd be neat to do something in Daytona - a cruise down A1A or the beach perhaps, and maybe a visit to the speedway? I haven't been to DaytonaUSA in years and wouldn't mind going again.

Veterans Day Weekend + DaytonaUSA = Perfect Combination :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
HEY GREAT! I have a 3 day weekend that weekend and have been looking for an execuse to go down to florida again. Daytona is a great place to be no matter what time of the year it is. You can count me in if we have a meet there.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
griffinb911 said:
HEY GREAT! I have a 3 day weekend that weekend and have been looking for an execuse to go down to florida again. Daytona is a great place to be no matter what time of the year it is. You can count me in if we have a meet there.
And I thought I would be making the long haul!!!

Hey that guy with the 27" rims lives in miami. Why don't you guys invite him to the meet.

·
Registered
19,541 Posts
Ok ya'll...How about this: November 22nd thru the 26th at the Daytona International Speedway for the 33rd annual "Turkey Run" 2006. (I know, its Thanksgiving weekend. I was thinking I could ride down Friday night the 23rd, get a room, and hang out all day Saturday and possibly Sunday. Might bring the family with me so they dont think I've abandoned them on Thanksgiving weekend. But as far as I'm concerned Thanksgiving is over and done with Thursday p.m.!!!)

As far as the event goes, I think we are out of luck. This is a classic custom car show. 1980 and newer vehicles must meet pre-registration requirements. Meaning 1980 and up cars must PRE-register and send in a pic of thier car AND have at least 4 of these 6 requirements to even be considered an entry:
1.CHOPPED
2.LOWERED
3.CUSTOM PAINT (CANDY, PEARLS, ETC.)
4.GRAPHICS (FLAMES, SCALLOPS)
5.CUSTOM INTERIORS
6.CUSTOM BODY MODIFICATIONS (LOUVERS, DE- CHROMED, TILT FRONTS, TUBS, ETC.)

(well, I have 2 of 6...LOL) I'm down with just hangin out with the DI.net crew
(in spectator mode)
Also, the club parking (inside the speedway) is already sold out. But we should still be able to find a good spot for all of us to park together. The speedway grounds/parking areas are HUGE! Could ya'll handle this? I know some familys are funny around the holidays, mines no different. But when it comes down to it, its What Daddy says goes! LOL

Here is the link...
http://www.turkeyrun.com

note: This is just a suggestion to accomodate those members who might be busy at the other proposed times and also to add a little incentive to those members who might think that just hanging out with a few DI.net members would not be "enough" to justify the trip.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts