DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of flowmaster exhaust is available for a 95 intrepid with a 3.3. I've been lookin around for a muffler and have been unable to find one if you know where I can find one on the internet let me know.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I would have to imagine just about any of em would work...hell they jammed a flowmaster 80 on mine and it is made for GM cars.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I would have to imagine just about any of em would work...hell they jammed a flowmaster 80 on mine and it is made for GM cars.

·
Registered
560 Posts
it all depends on the pipe size...i think the 3.3 is 2 1/4 in. piping, a lot of aftermarrket mufflers will fit perfectly,,..when you go to the muffler shop, dont say you have an intrepid, find otu the pipe size and ask for a muffler that'll fit, then tell em the application. (I.E. 3.3l intrepid)

·
Registered
415 Posts
www.carparts.com

go there, I love just browsing around. I know there is a flowmaster 40 series designed for intrepids, at least for my 93 3.5L trep. Its 2.25in size as well as the 3.3L. I would order the muffler and just ask the muffler shop to put it on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you guys think there is a noticeable difference in sound between 3.3L and 3.5L engines with exhaust mods? They are both six cylinders, but there is a 50+ HP difference. Do you think they sound much different with Flowmasters or straight-piped?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
well rarewolf has a 3.5 and i have a 3.3 and ours are both piped and mine sounds almost identicle to the sound clip he has w/his pics.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
pimped, your exhaust isn't the same as rarewolf's. the 3.3 only has one muffler in the exhaust system where the 3.5 has two. rarewolf as had the big one cut out of the system and only has only the turbo-style "resonator" at the end of the pipe. that's why he still has the twin pipes sticking out the back of his car. he doesn't have duals like you do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
95trep - are you "sold" on flowmaster? The Dynomax SuperTurbo flows better and, IMO, sounds better (but that, I know, is subjective). Many folks have removed flowmasters because of the obnoxious resonance at cruise speed.

-steve

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i know he doesnt have duals....when i said piped i meant he doesnt have the main muffler to quiet the car any.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
just makin sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts