DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a sound clip of the flowmaster 80 1 in 2 out availiable before i start shopping around i heard it is quiter then the flowmaster 40

i know one member has the 40 series and its a single but man it has a nice little pur to it tho im thinking with the two out its going to sound louder trying to keep it as quiet as possible but with a nice little little pur to it

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
You can wait for the International Meet and then you'll hear a few 80's in person ;)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Trying to keep it quiet as possible?????? Maybe you shouldn't consider Flowmaster as your first option ;) I mean I'm happy with my 80, sometimes I find it too quiet, and other times I find it too loud and droney (going up a big hill). Don't rush into anything if you get easily annoyed. I have a purrr on the highway (which isn't bad)....even my dad said the highway was fine, and so are city streets.....but when you hit a hill, it gets droney.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is ok cause theres not to many hills in chicago :OP
i do like how the 40 sounds on one of the members cars but wanna go alittle quieter

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
ok if you want quiet but a purr. keep the front resinator on. and loose all the other **** and go with 80
now i took off my res so its a cat back system single all the way down to a dual out just like the camaro both ends are equal length..
the reason i say keep it on is that when i floor it its sooo loud sometimes but if i steady on the gas its smooth..i might have a sound clip later on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts