DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I run into the same problem at work...millions of the little buggers. What I usually do is give the car a good wash ( a lot of it will come off if you scrub ) then get some rubbing compound on a dripping wet sponge and wash it with that. If you use too much compound you'll need to wax after though. The bug/tar remover work well, but it takes sooooo long

·
Registered
34 Posts
try a dryer sheet wet it a little squeeze it out and rub the bugs that won't come off with soap and water. they'll come right off. wipe paint off with wet rag when finished will not scratch and screw up paint.

·
Registered
455 Posts
with living on a farm i get my fair share of flys and they crap all over my car. Most of it will not come off when i wash my car. anybody ever try those bug/tar removers with good results? or if i used a clay bar kit would i have better luck? recommendations?
Yep..they work...i always keep a bottle in my trunk..they work miracles.. trust me

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yep..they work...i always keep a bottle in my trunk..they work miracles.. trust me
They definantely work. On my buddy's gold car, there is always the tar behind the wheels and bugs everywhere, and the Bug and Tar Remover takes them right off like they were never even there. They smell just like a degreaser, which is probably what they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts