DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
Is it possible to get an FM Transmitter that works without interference for under $100?
Yup! You need an FM modulator that is wired in between your radio and antenna. That's really the only way to prevent interference.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My friend had the monster cable one... it was like $75 at Best Buy. It worked pretty well... it's hard to get a clear channel here in Orlando though because we have so many radio stations. I ended up just getting one of those tapes like you would use with a portable CD player. It was 10 bucks at wal-mart and works pretty well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
ltrain01rt said:
My friend had the monster cable one... it was like $75 at Best Buy. It worked pretty well... it's hard to get a clear channel here in Orlando though because we have so many radio stations. I ended up just getting one of those tapes like you would use with a portable CD player. It was 10 bucks at wal-mart and works pretty well.
That's exactly what I'm using cuz I still have an mp3 cd player I stuffed under the passenger's seat with its own remote, I tucked the tape's wire under the atc bezel so you don't even see it, ghetto but it works.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
For $100 you could probably get a hardwired interface that is an ipod base with charging and everything........

·
Registered
518 Posts
or just get a new radio with the rca inputs on the back, run the cable into the cabin, plug in the iPod/mp3 player, and rock on!

the fm transmitters suck!!! sorry, i tried two different ones and i was not happy. i like clarity in my music.

or, just get a radio like mine with the usb port on the front, dump a ton of songs on a thumbdrive, plug in and rock on!!! I love it!

·
Registered
711 Posts
In my opinion,'iTrip' (FM trandmitter from apple) was pretty good, just way to expensive for the 5th gens (ipod + video), but I baught a 25$ one from radioshack, mod'ed it a little bit to make the audio wire longer, and it works really good... you also gotta remember theres alot to do with what channel your on. If I'm on the highway, it's like 107.5, local its 88.7... hope this helps..

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried using a belkin tunecast II and I got terrible reception. What would happen if you put a female headphone jack on the belkin tunecast and hooked it up to the radio with the h&k fm modulator instead of using the antenna extension?

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]another source:

http://www.myfmstation.com/[/QUOTE]
i don't have the money to do something like that. i'd prefer to just use what i already have instead of buying new stuff.

Brownsound said:
The Belkin Tunecast II is what I use. The sound is pretty damn good and it allows you to tune into radio stations from 88.0 to 108.0 I use mine with this little mod: http://www.jiggybyte.com/tunecast.php and it's perfect, although this mod causes it to eat up batteries so I have mine hooked up to the 12V.
what would happen if i connected the tunecast to the antenna with the wired fm modulator? would that work, or would that mess something up?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
$50 bucks gets you a superior portable modulator at myfmstation.com. A (crappy) Belkin Tunecast II runs about $35.

As you've found out, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]$50 bucks gets you a superior portable modulator at myfmstation.com. A (crappy) Belkin Tunecast II runs about $35.

As you've found out, you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]
i understand that, but the tunecast was given to me. i don't have a job right now, so i don't have the money to spend on something like that. i don't want a portable modulator, i want something that will stay in the car and not have to worry about it, and the pll-1 fm modulator is sold out. i already have the h&k wired fm modulator in my car.
what i would like to know is if i were to put the external antenna on the tunecast and hook it up to my car stereo with the headphone jack on the wired fm modulator, would it work, or mess something up

·
Registered
5 Posts
I soldered an antenna onto the tunecast and it works perfectly now, I can get a signal in my car while it's parked on the street while my ipod and tunecast is in my room at the back of the house

·
Registered
90 Posts
stubborn0001 said:
I soldered an antenna onto the tunecast and it works perfectly now, I can get a signal in my car while it's parked on the street while my ipod and tunecast is in my room at the back of the house
If you hook up that antenna cable to a household cable tv pigtail and hook that up to a cable signal amplifier you can get a good 500 metre range on that badboy. I used to use mine to play music on my buddy's speaker system the next street over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts