DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the New Members area then realized that it probably belonged here. Sorry.... :eek:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought a 2004 SE that does not have fog light and I want to add them. Does anyone know if the fog lights one can buy for the 2004 Intrepid designated as for the SE will fit on the Grill without cutting it, if the car did not come with it??? Or is the grill different when it comes with fog lights from the factory??
Hope I made this clear???? Duh.....
I am worried that the part that is sold to me expects that the car already had the required mounting hardware......

Thanks for the patience.... and some level of incompetence...... :snipersmi

Dudley

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
The SE haas no particular place since they were not factory. Look at KCarlos2000 car to see how he did it. Otherwise you would have to buy a new nose that goes to an ES (available on eBay) as well as the factory fit fogs. Then you would have to buy the factory headlight switch with fogs, and wire them up as explained in the How To section of the site

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dodgeaholic and GN300, I saw the fogs I need at the local Murrays auto parts store and put em back down. Now I see what to do.
Peace yall!!! :brutal_36

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have a set of PIAA Solitaires on my 2001 SE on the lower slots of my bumper. Like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...019QQitemZ290038347255QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW They are small enough to fit in the lower grill, but still powerfull. I mounted them using the doublestick tape that came with them (also come with screws) because it would be hard to fit a drill in between the slots of the grill. No problem...I know this tape lasts for years because I've mounted foglights this way in the past. Don't buy cheap foglights from Walmart, Autozone, etc. They will leak and rust out. Get a good pair of PIAA's or Hellas, etc. Better to pay for the higher quality. You can get a good deal on Ebay..

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm guessing you bought a US car. '04 SE's in Canada came with foglights standard.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
So Canadian SE's have the RT/ES bumper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts