DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 96 intrepid was woundering is there any thing i can do with my headlight switch so i can run the fog light with out haveing on the headlights?It wont let me turn foglights on without haveing headlighs on!thanks for your time guys!!!!:crazy:

·
9,861 Posts
I hard wired mine to a red lighted toggle switch on the dash. Works great for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
re: fog lights

I have a '96 intrepid 3.5L and I have the fog lights in the front bumper, however I don't seem to have a switch to turn them on. I tried the headlight switch with the turn on and pull, and my headlight switch does nothing but turn left and right. I have no other switches anywhere that I can find. I popped out the fog lights and checked the bulb, wires, connections, everything looks in great shape - should work. You can even see where the lights are wired - not just tucked away disconnected, but alass - NO SWITCH, I also thought to check the fuse, well, I don't see foglights on the fuse panel? I am perplexed, help? Anyone????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like you have a bad switch.on mine you have to turn headlights on and pull on the switch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No the knob isn't sticking, and it doesn't 'pull-out' when you turn on the driving lights. There doesn't appear to be a switch, nor does there appear to be anything on the fuse panel for it. I don't have the manual for the car, but do any intrepids fog-lights automatically come on when you turn on your headlights?? The wires go right into the wireharness behind the bumper. I guess I can just cut the wires and run a new line into the car and add a switch, I just don't want to cut the wires if I don't have to. Help please. :-(

·
Registered
212 Posts
i have a quick question...

on mine, the knob decided to just come all the way off one day. is there any way that i can reattach the knob or do i just have to replace the whole headlight switch assembly thingy?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I figured it out, somebody who had the car before me had the headlight switch replaced and dumbasses replaced it with a switch from an intrepid that DIDN'T have foglights! So now I'm off to the junkyard to track one down!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Joey_Malone said:
I figured it out, somebody who had the car before me had the headlight switch replaced and dumbasses replaced it with a switch from an intrepid that DIDN'T have foglights! So now I'm off to the junkyard to track one down!
If I were you, I'd just add a lighted switch to the car and hook the fog lights up to that. Why? When you turn on the foglights, that switch heats up. I mean it really gets hot! I believe that that is the reason so many Intrepid light switches fail.

Hardwarz

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
ok call me crazy, but is it really that serious, i dont see a point in just having fogs on, and realy not enough point to go through all of that trouble

1 - 13 of 13 Posts