DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the factory fog light switch located on the Intrepid? I have the SE so I don't have the fog lights. Is it intregrated with the factory headlight switch assembly? I'm asking because I am wondering if its possible to use the factory fog light switch with aftermarket fog lights. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Fog Light Switch

I asked my brother the same thing....he says he doesn't think you can do it. (I wanted to do the same thing)

Thing is, the switch goes through the body computer to before it goes to the lights, so you can't just hook a wire straight up to the switch and have fog lights.

So, to answer your question, I don't think so.

:dozeoff:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you ever seen the other end of the switch where the harness plugs into? I would think that its nothing more than a couple of metal terminals that plug into a connector of some type.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have an SE too and my foglights are wired in to come on with the parking lights... they were originally remote activated, but I got pissed off at that after leaving them on about the third time... I'm still looking for a use for that remote thing though - i tried to use it on my neons, but it wouldnt work because they were also hooked up through the dome lights and wouldn't turn off...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I hooked my PIAA 1100's to the factory switch. But I cheated by wiring them into the existing harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts