DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to make fog lights come on without the headlights need help to figure this out!!

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
I just bought a daytime running light kit for like $15 and hooked it up to my fog lights. Now my foglights turn on whenever I start my car (but the only way to turn them off is to unplug the relay mounted under the hood).

I also like this setup so that I can have my brights on with my fog lights as well, in case I need it really bright :)

I got the kit at a local auto part store, but if you know your stuff, you can probably do it youself without the kit. All you need is a relay and some wire :)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I believe he wants to turn on the parking lights with the fog lights and not have the headlamps on. :)

I wanted to know the same thing. I thought that it could be done at the headlight switch but it isn't as easy as I thought. The switch is enclosed and there are a lot of different terminals coming out of it. I heard of people using a jumper wire across some terminals but no info could be found on how to do this with the 'Trep.

If anyone has done this, please share. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
from what I have found out, it is only possible to have the fog lamps on and the headlights off at the same time with a 2nd generation intrepid. the 1st gen treps you must turn the headlights all the way on before you can pull the knob out to turn the fog lamps on. :( and if you turn the headlights back off, the knob is forced back in and the fog lamps off. :(

-Dan :p

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you guys are missing what randy said. what 2xist wants to know is how to get the fogs come on without turning either the parking lights or the headlights coming on, which randy explained. randy has done it the easiest way possible, and for $15 you can't beat it.

artifex, if you got a kit like randy's you could do the same thing he does, which is run the foglamps with nothing else on. his kit makes it so that the lamps come on with the engine, not the switch. this is good because usually if you have the fogs on with the headlights the fogs turn off if you flash the brights, but with randy's mod you can have both.

so, to answer the original question, all you have to do is read randy's reply. get the kit and run that wire/relay and voila, you have foglights on without the headlamps OR the parking lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts