DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
9,861 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
In most states it's illegal to DRIVE with your PARK lights on even if you have fogs on with them. And here and Nebraska if you were driving with fogs and park lights on it's a double violation, and at night a triple violation. One, you can never drive with park lights on......ever. Two, any auxillary lighting must be turned off (fogs, driving lights, or off-road lights) when meeting or overtaking traffic (in the city, bascially all the time). And if it's dark out you don't have your headlights on and that is also a violation.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Jer_BEAR_bluez said:
In most states it's illegal to DRIVE with your PARK lights on even if you have fogs on with them. And here and Nebraska if you were driving with fogs and park lights on it's a double violation, and at night a triple violation. One, you can never drive with park lights on......ever. Two, any auxillary lighting must be turned off (fogs, driving lights, or off-road lights) when meeting or overtaking traffic (in the city, bascially all the time). And if it's dark out you don't have your headlights on and that is also a violation.
uh...who cares.

·
9,861 Posts
It is generally illegal to have your parking lights on without your headlights on. If you just had the fogs on as DRL, your fine. Just don't have them on with the parking lights.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
hypnos said:
It is generally illegal to have your parking lights on without your headlights on. If you just had the fogs on as DRL, your fine. Just don't have them on with the parking lights.
Thats ridiculous. I've never heard of a law where driving with just your parking lights on illegal. I can see maybe if its full dark out, but at dusk/twilight, it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you have your foglights on too.

*edit*
I just talked to my pops, whose a state trooper. He said at dusk, it would be at the officers discretion on whether to stop you or not. But as long as you use good judgement and turn your headlights on once it gets dark enough, it should be ok.

*edit #2*
Forgot the real reason why I came into this thread in the 1st place!! Your car looks good DIT!! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ryan D. said:
uh...who cares.
I'd care if I got a $141.50 ticket for looking "cool". I've never discovered what is so "cool" about it yet, basically anyone can turn their park lights on and be "cool". I'm sure it's the same reason people think drugs are "cool" because you are breaking the law and that makes you a badass. Wish I could be as cool as you guys.

And yes, driving with you park lights on at night..... no matter where IS ILLEGAL and you will probably get a ticket.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Jer_BEAR_bluez said:
I'd care if I got a $141.50 ticket for looking "cool". I've never discovered what is so "cool" about it yet, basically anyone can turn their park lights on and be "cool". I'm sure it's the same reason people think drugs are "cool" because you are breaking the law and that makes you a badass. Wish I could be as cool as you guys.

And yes, driving with you park lights on at night..... no matter where IS ILLEGAL and you will probably get a ticket.
And racing on the streets isnt 'cool'?? Keep your ass out of threads if you're gonna chime in with your "law abiding" self.

Btw Jim, looks good. Sorry to steal your thread for 2 secs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts