DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Foglight/headlight wiring and load question

I better ask before I break something else.

I want to wire up my stock fog lights. I made a harness, I have a wire running up to the dash switch. I grounded the fog lights to a large ground around the engine compartment. Now, I would like to wire my fog lights up in to a stock 1996 light switch equipped for fog lights. Would it be safe to power the fog lights off of the existing power for the headlight switch? Or would that overload it? My other option is to tap in to the cigarette lighter for power. I'm not sure if it can handle that power either. I was going to use the stock dash switch, but after reading some how-to's I may have to do some rewiring. Any help is welcome. Anyone else install fog lights and have them running off of a stock switch? I don't plan on using a relay, I just want the lights to work separate from the rest of the lights, but just using the power from the switch and the switch its self.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I'm just going to modify the trac control switch to be my fog light switch. It currently has no use, as I don't have trac control

1 - 2 of 2 Posts